Thursday, January 12, 2023

2022 Book Survey

Jamie, The Perpetual Page Turner created this EOY Book Survey. I've participated several years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021). I enjoy the survey so much that I am here again for 2022. Oh and feel free to join in and do your own survey. Just link back to Jamie.

2022 Reading Stats

53 books read (including a few children's books)
0 book re-read
Genre Read the Most From? Adult, Historical Fiction

Books

1. Best book you read?


Breath as Prayer by Jennifer Tucker
Forgiving What You Can't Forget by Lysa TerKerst
Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World by Kristen Welch

2. Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t?


Crossed Lines (Love Along the Wires, # 2) by Jennifer Delamere
Meet Me in the Middle by Alex Light
Sword of Rage (Reigning Kingdoms, # 1) by Jennifer Anne Davis

3. Most surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read?


A Fate of Wrath & Flame (Fate & Flame, # 1) by KA Tucker

4. Book you read that you recommended to people the most?


Breath as Prayer by Jennifer Tucker

5. Best series discovered? Best Sequel? Best series ender?



Series:


A Fate of Wrath & Flame (Fate & Flame, # 1) by KA Tucker
Gilded (Gilded, # 1) by Marissa Meyer

Sequel:


A Hard Day for a Hangover (Sunshine Vicram, # 3) by Darynda Jones
The War of Two Queens (Blood & Ash, # 4) by Jennifer L Armentrout
A Curse of Blood & Stone (Fate & Flame, # 2) by KA Tucker

Ender:


Holding the Line (Love Along the Wires, # 3) by Jennifer Delamere

6. Favorite new author you discovered?

Elizabeth W Watkins

7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?


I Am: 40 Reasons to Trust God by Diane Stortz

8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book?


A Fate of Wrath & Flame (Fate & Flame, # 1) by KA Tucker
A Curse of Blood & Stone (Fate & Flame, # 2) by KA Tucker
The War of Two Queens (Blood & Ash, # 4) by Jennifer L Armentrout
Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
A Hard Day for a Hangover (Sunshine Vicram, # 3) by Darynda Jones

9. Book you read that you are most likely to re-read next year?

Hardly any time for re-reads.

10. Favorite cover of a book you read?


I Am: 40 Reasons to Trust God by Diane Stortz

11. Most memorable character?

Kenna - Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover

12. Most beautifully written book read?

Forgiving What You Can't Forget by Lysa TerKeurst

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you?


Forgiving What You Can't Forget by Lysa TerKeurst

Breath as Prayer by Jennifer Tucker

14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL this year to finally read?


Sword of Rage (Reigning Kingdoms, # 1) by Jennifer Anne Davis
Crossed Lines (Love Along the Wires, # 2) by Jennifer Delamere
The Heart's Charge (Hanger's Horsemen, # 2) by Karen Witemeyer ****

15. Favorite passage/quote from a book you read?


-"After all, why be accommodating when one can be difficult?” - Gilded (Gilded, # 1) by Marissa Meyer

-“Oh no. Not until you tell me what happens next.” She huffed. “I don’t know what happens next.” His expression was priceless. A little dismayed, a little horrified. “How can you not know? It’s your story.” “Not every story is willing to reveal itself right away. Some of them are bashful.” - Gilded (Gilded, # 1) by Marissa Meyer

-The man took my ardently felt monologue, gave it a polite pat on the head, and told it to go and play while the adults stayed on task. - Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson

-Writing is what makes me happy. Writing, even, is how I feel I contribute to the world. Reminding people of what's important. Letting them escape the harsh parts of life, even if just for a few hours. Feeling happiness in watching happily-ever-afters unfold. Remembering truths. Recalling their self-worth. Loving others. Living well. Learning. I want to do that. - Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson

-A gift bestowed by God couldn't be stolen by man. Or woman. It might be neglected or stifled, but never stolen. - The Heart's Charge (Hanger's Horsemen, # 2) by Karen Witemeyer

-"Lessons taught from love bring wisdom. Lessons spawned from fear and pain often come with cynicism and bitterness attached, which can cloud the truth." - The Heart's Charge (Hanger's Horsemen, # 2) by Karen Witemeyer

-"Satan uses loneliness to isolate and depress. But God uses it to build compassion." - The Heart's Charge (Hanger's Horsemen, # 2) by Karen Witemeyer

-...a man considering a commitment to one woman should not behave in a way that could lead her to believe him fickle in his affections. Nor should he give another woman reason to believe his interest lay anywhere other than where it did. - The Heart's Charge (Hanger's Horsemen, # 2) by Karen Witemeyer

-"I hardly think my independence is affecting the construction of your sentences." - Enchanting the Heiress (Hearts on the Heath, # 3) by Kristi Ann Hunter

-"Your brain doesn't speak for all brains." - Always Jane by Jenn Bennett

-“You have consumed my thoughts since the moment I met you,” he said to her. “I feel now, in your presence, entirely strange. I think I might fetch you the moon if only to spare your tears again.” - This Woven Kingdom (This Woven Kingdom, # 1) by Tahereh Mafi

-Anger, it would seem, did not invite contentment when freed. - Edward and Amelia by Karen Thornell

-But love, unfortunately, turns bitter when not properly cared for. - Edward and Amelia by Karen Thornell

-She’d grown to admire Hades’s resilience, strength, and perseverance. He cared about his band, his mares and foals, and led them with dignity. And now he glanced in their direction. He nodded, as though communicating with them. Did he know they’d chased him only because they wanted to save his life? Did he realize the fear of the past couple of days would lead to his freedom? Maybe he’d never understand what they’d done, but she liked to think he was thanking them for their efforts anyway. Was that the way God was with His children? Did He drive them through difficulties, up steep mountains, because He cared and was leading them to better pastures? Even when they didn’t understand what He was doing, maybe He was asking them to thank Him regardless. - To Tame a Cowboy (Colorado Cowboys, # 3) by Jody Hedlund

-"I cannot resist a night's sky. Of all of God's creations, this is my favorite." Marcus let his head fall back again. "The stars are tranquil and comforting, aren't they? They see everything that happens, and while I am sure they hold the secrets of the world, they reflect only the light." - The Sleeping Beauty by Anneka Walker

-"My heart has not ceased to reach for yours." - Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, # 3) by Sally Bitton

-"We’re sitting here in a room full of truths, and you’re still using me.” - A Curse of Blood and Stone (Fate & Flame, # 2) by KA Tucker

-"Misery seeks its own, miss," Sarah had said when Millie voiced her confusion. "People can't accept that they're the only ones unhappy. They're jealous, and waste their time trying to make others feel the same, when really they ought to put their energy into fixing their own problems." - Engaging Sir Isaac (Inglewood, # 4) by Sally Britton

-"Contentment isn't chained to a certain set of circumstances, Luke. It's portable. You can take it with you wherever you go." - In Honor's Defense (Hanger's Horsemen, # 3) by Karen Witemeyer

-"There is no liar as skilled as pain. Pain will say anything to save itself." - The Second Blind Son (Chronicles of Saylok, # 2) by Amy Harmon

-Mr. Frya would say that was evidence of how God was looking out for her. He'd once remarked that life could be messy at times, but even the prettiest gardens needed weeding. It was in putting forth that diligent effort to tend the garden that its blooms were able to flourish. - Crossed Lines (Love Along the Wires, # 2) by Jennifer Delamere

16. Shortest and longest book you read?


Longest: The War of Two Queens (Blood & Ash, # 4) by Jennifer L Armentrout (628 pages)
Shortest (not including children's books): Breath as Prayer by Jennifer Tucker (208 pages)

17. Book that had a scene in it that had you reeling and dying to talk to somebody about it? (Updated to: Book that shocked you the most?)


The War of Two Queens (Blood & Ash, # 4) by Jennifer L Armentrout

18. Favorite relationship from a book you read (romantic)?


>

Brody & Savannah - To Tame a Cowboy (Colorado Cowboys, # 3) by Jody Hedlund
Hope & Alejandro - Saving Miss Everly (Inglewood, # 3) by Sally Britton
Liv & Lucas - From the Jump by Lacie Waldon
Romeria & Zander - Fate & Flame by KA Tucker
Julia & Jasper - The Belle of Belgrave Square (Belles of London, # 2) by Mimi Matthews
Kenna & Ledger - Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover
Nora & Charlie - Book Lovers by Emily Henry
Edward & Amelia by Karen Thornell
Sunshine & Levi - A Hard Day for a Hangover (Sunshine Vicram, # 3) by Darynda Jones

19. Favorite relationship (non-romantic) from a book you read?


Grace & Hope (Inglewood, # 2 & 3) by Sally Britton
Mac, Liv, Lucas, Simone, & Phoebe - From the Jump by Lacie Waldon
Nora & Libby - Book Lovers by Emily Henry
Sunshine & Quincy - Sunshine Vicram by Darynda Jones

20. Favorite book you read from an author you’ve read previously?


Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover

21. Best book you read that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else?


Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World by Kristen Welch

22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read?

Zander - Fate & Flame by KA Tucker

23. Best debut you read?


I can't ever tell (keep up with) what's a debut and what isn't.

24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read?



Fate & Flame by KA Tucker
The War of Two Queens (Blood & Ash, # 3) by Jennifer L Armentrout
Gilded (Gilded, # 1) by Marissa Meyer

25. Book that was the most fun to read?


Meet Me in the Margins by Melissa Ferguson

26. Book that made you cry or nearly cry?


Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover

27. Book you read that you think got overlooked this year or when it came out?


Most of the historical fiction I've been reading is Christian fiction. I always think these are overlooked by the masses.

28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?


Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover

29. Most Unique Book You Read?



Breath as Prayer by Jennifer Tucker

30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?


A Brush With Love by Mazey Eddings

Blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered?

Honestly, I haven't had the time I'd like to visit other blogs. Again, it's the stage of life that I'm in. Perhaps soon, I'll have a new favorite blog to share with you guys. *****

2. Favorite review you wrote?


Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover - This one got more personal than I usually write.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?

Maybe next year I'll have a better way of figuring this out. Or I won't wait until last minute to get this post completed.

4. Best event that you participated in (author signing, festivals, virtual events, meme’s, etc)

N/A

5. Best moment of book blogging/your book life this year?

Honestly, this year was all abour survival. I used to be so good at scheduling blog posts even months in advance, but over the last two years I've been struggling week to week to get my posts out. Survival has been my goal.

6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

I'm not at a desk (or my computer) as frequently as I used to be and that makes writing reviews challenging. I don't enjoy creating long posts on my phone, but sitting down to type out reviews has been challenging. More and more I'm slipping into letting myself read 4 or even up to 5 books before I sit down to write my reviews of what I've read. This makes remembering what I've read challenging. I've got to do better about sticking to my 2 book max. Now that our office has been completed and setup, hopefully sitting down to my computer will be easier.

7. Most popular post this year on your blog (views or comments)?

Usually a meme post...Sunday Post, Top Ten Tuesday, or maybe a Can't Wait for Wednesday post.

8. Post you wished got a little more love?

Any of them? Reviews especially.

9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, stores)?

Have I mentioned that I'm survivng?

10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of the year?

Reading the Bible in a Year and 52 books read goal. I came under on my series enders goal.

Looking ahead…

1. One book you didn’t get to this year but will be your number 1 priority next year?


Falling for the Cowgirl (Colorado Cowboys, # 4) by Jody Hedlund (I've already read it by the time this post is going live.)

2. Book you are most anticipating next year (non-debut)?


A Queen of Thieves & Chaos (Fate & Flame, # 3) by KA Tucker

3. Debut from next year you are most anticipating?

No debuts are currently on my radar I don't think. Or they might be, but I really don't make note of that when I'm adding to my TBR list.

4. Series ending you are more anticipating next year? Sequel?


Sequel: A Queen of Thieves & Chaos by KA Tucker

Ender: I honestly don't even know which series I'm in the middle of that will be ending in 2023.

5. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging next year?

This has been my main goal for the last seven years...Just keep going. With dwindling time to read and blog I'm hoping to just hang tight and keep doing the best that I can until another season in life comes that will allow me more time to do both.

6. A Release from Next Year You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:


Famous for a Living by Melissa Ferguson

What would your answers be to the 2022 EOY Book Survey? Leave me your link so I can check out your post. Or just leave me a comment! Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment