Sunday, September 15, 2024

Sunday Post - 09/15/24

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Monday was a normal school day. Monday night, Big Girl had her first fall softball game. She played first base and did well, but I could tell she had a little nerves. We got home really late because they decided to play an extra inning with 5 minutes left on our time limit. Big Boy went to martial arts that night. Tuesday, we had a lazy morning which was much needed with running in two directions balancing two extracurriculars. We did do my grocery pickup, and I let the kids go swimming after lunch. They didn't stay in long because the water temperature is so cold. I did a little weeding and yard cleaning while they swam. Tuesday night, Big Girl had another game. She mostly played outfield in that game, but they won that one. Husband took her to that while I took Big Boy to martial arts. Belt testing is this week so we're trying to squeeze in as much extra practice as possible. Wednesday was a normal day if I remember correctly. There were no evening activities to run to that night. Thursday, we have co-op and it rained all day. Big Boy baseball game was cancelled due to rain so both big kids went to martial arts. Friday, we had a good school day. The weather was overcast but also really beautiful and windy. No evening activities for Friday night either and so I worked in the garage a bit. Husband is still renovating his friend's house that was trashed by renters. Saturday, my plan was to be lazy. I need some downtime. Between running to all the extras and teaching school and just being mom...my battery was running a little low this week. Thankfully, belt testing is Tuesday, and we'll be able to go back to one extracurricular activity for the next month and a half.

THE PAST WEEK

Monday: Review of A Game of Hearts (The Cartwells, # 1) by Joanna Barker (4 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for The Thirteenth Child by Erin A Craig
Friday: Homeschool Friday - I Know Mad

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of To Charm a Lady (The Cartwells, # 2) by Joanna Barker
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?
Friday: Homeschool Friday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2024 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2024 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment