Sunday, October 13, 2024

Sunday Post - 10/13/24

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Monday we had a day off school. Our county public school district had fall break so we mimicked that a little. And goodness, I was glad to have a few days off school to settle in with our new puppy. Scout is doing great. We're getting into a groove, but it is a bit like having a new baby. Not quite a newborn since he does sleep through the night, but yet very busy. The boys had hair cuts Monday morning. Tuesday, I totally blanked on an eye doctor appointment. I was supposed to let them check my trail contact, but I totally missed it. We did visit my parents for a bit and also go groceries. The kiddos had ball games Monday and Tuesday nights this week. Thankfully, they were both off the rest of the week. Wednesday, I had to run some errands after dropping Little Boy off at school. When I picked him up we went back to my parents for a bit. My mom watched the kids while I went to get a haircut. Thursday was Husband's birthday. We opened presents and had breakfast muffins. Then we went to co-op. And finally Friday was a pretty normal day and the last day in our first quarter of our homeschool year. Saturday, we had family pictures. The boys were pulling faces constantly. I'm always amazed to see if April gets any good shots, but she always pulls it off. We are halfway through our very very busy month and I'm beginning to feel like I can relax a little. The kids have two ball games each this week and then fall ball is over. We mostly only have a few more birthday celebrations, a family vacation, and Halloween left for the month. I have not been able to read much this month, and it's driving me nuts. But it'll work itself out, I'm sure.

THE PAST WEEK

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of These Hollow Vows (These Hollow Vows, # 1) by Lexi Ryan (4 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for The Serpent and the Wolf by Rebecca Robison
Thursday: All Things Halloween Review of Serpent Sea (The Spice Road Trilogy, # 2) by Maiya Ibrahim (4 Stars)
Friday: All Things Halloween/Homeschool Friday - The Wild Robot (The Wild Robot, # 1) by Peter Brown (4 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: All Things Halloween Review of These Twisted Bonds (These Hollow Vows, # 2) by Lexi Ryan
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?
Thursday: All Things Halloween Review of Nymph Totems by Brittni Chenelle
Friday: All Things Halloween Review of The Court that Bleeds Gold (The Gold Weaver, # 1) by Zara Storm

My annual "All Things Halloween" event is going on. This is my month-long event where I feature reviews from Halloween-y genres (fantasy, paranormal, supernatural, sci-fi, horror, mystery, thriller, and suspense). Over the last few years I've had mostly fantasy books as I just haven't been in the mood for much horror, but still...these are books that can get you in the mood for Halloween.

Don’t forget to link up for the 2024 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2024 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment