Saturday, April 12, 2014

Top Ten Gateway Books

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I've missed the past two weeks, but I wanted to post my answers to this topic so bad that I figured who cares. It's my blog. I can do what I want. Without further ado. Top Ten Gateway Books (by genre/category/topic). These are not only the books that were my gateway books, but the books I think would be great gateway books for others.

Gateway Into Love Stories

    Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle Series) by Lurlene McDaniel

Gateway Into YA Paranormal

    Twilight (Twilight Series) by Stephenie Meyer
    House of Night by PC & Kristin Cast
    The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

Gateway Into YA Contemporary

    Slammed by Colleen Hoover
    The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Gateway Into New Adult Contemporary

    The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
    Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
    The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen

Gateway Into Fantasy

    Harry Potter by JK Rowling
    A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin
    The Lord of the Rings by J R R Tolkein

Gateway Into Dystopian

    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
    Divergent by Veronica Roth

Gateway Into Zombies

    The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
    Deadlocked by AR Wise

Gateway Into Aliens

    Obsidian by Jennifer L Armentrout
    The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey

Gateway Into Self Help

    Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
    Push by Chalene Johnson

Gateway Into Religious

    Crazy Love by Francis Chan
    The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian

What do you guys think? What were your gateway books?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of Sirantha Jax series, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunger Games was my gateway book for dystopian novels. So glad I discovered it. My gateway into sci-fi/aliens was the Sirantha Jax series. I'm always trying to find more stories that are like it.

    ReplyDelete