Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Authors on My Auto-Buy List.
1) Richelle Mead - Granted I haven't read all of her published work--I plan to, but everything I have read by her has been enough to convince me that I'll definitely buy anything I can get my hands on by her. (# of Richelle Mead books I've read: 10)
2) Colleen Hoover - Um yeah, Slammed, Point of Retreat, and Hopeless have all been extremely good and emotional reads. Colleen Hoover is a given for me. (# of Colleen Hoover books I've read: 3)
3) Katie McGarry - Having only read Pushing the Limits, Katie McGarry still makes my auto-buy list because Pushing the Limits was just that good. (# of Katie McGarry books I've read: 1)
4) Priscilla Glenn - Yep. Another author that I've only read one book by, but it doesn't matter. Back to You was good enough for me to need to check out any and everything Priscilla Glenn writes. (# of Priscilla Glenn books I've read: 1)
5) Maggie Stiefvater - I think I've read everything that Maggie S has published. While I wasn't blown away by The Raven Boys, I still love her writing style. (# of Maggie Stiefvater books I've read: 7)
6) Cassandra Clare - While at this point I've only read her Shadowhunter world, she's still written 7 in this world that I've read and thoroughly enjoyed. Cassandra Clare is definitely worth checking out. (# of Cassandra Clare books I've read: 7)
7) Stephenie Meyer - I LOVED Twilight and I was pleasantly surprised by The Host. So yeah, I think I've seen enough to check out her other work--if she ever gets back to writing. (# of Stephenie Meyer books I've read: 6 1/2)
8) John Green - I've only read The Fault in Our Stars, but he's got quite the fan base out there and now I understand why. So I plan to check out his other published work and whatever comes out in the future. (# of John Green books I've read: 1)
9) Carrie Ryan - I loved the writing style she used in The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Specifically, The Dead Tossed Waves is one of my favorite books ever, but I have to say that I was disappointed with The Dark and Hollow Places. I'd like to read something that redeems it all for me. But I have to say I'm not completely interested in her latest published book...so.... (# of Carrie Ryan books I've read: 4)
This last one is kind of iffy. I thought about listing JK Rowling because Harry Potter was the epitome of epic, and while I do plan to read The Casual Vacancy at some point, I can't say I'm looking forward to it.
10) Dan Wells - I've only read Partials so far by Mr. Wells, but that was enough to hook me into the series. And enough to have me interested in checking out his other stuff. (# of Dan Wells books I've read: 1)
I've learned that while I've got series that are on auto-buy, apparently, I'm less trusting of the authors themselves when it comes to moving on to something new. Which authors are on your auto-buy list? Let me know!