Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Top 10 Romances

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Romances.

First off, sorry I didn't get this published yesterday. I had a hot date with Husband. We went to Mellow Mushroom (a pizza joint), to see Les Mis, and a trip by the book store to pick up The Indigo Spell because I HAD to buy it on release day.

Because I don't read many romance novels (if any at all), I'm going with Couples....

1) Always will be Lizzie and Mr. Darcy - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Recently re-read this in honor of the 200th year of publication. Oh and I've fallen in love with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries.

2) Love how their relationship has spanned almost 10 years and how love never fades. I'm talking about Anne and Captain Wentworth - Persuasion by Jane Austen.

3) One of my favorite reads from 2012, Will and Layken - Slammed by Colleen Hoover.

4) Even though they've not together (currently) Will and Tessa - The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.

5) Hazel and Augustus - The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

6) Always a favorite with me Rose and Dimitri - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

7) Just purchased The Indigo Spell and having only 3 books out of 6 in the series published, I don't know how this is going to end, but I'm rooting for them, Adrian and Sydney - Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

8) Also spanning the test of time and achieving forgiveness Lauren & Michael - Back to You by Priscilla Glenn

9) Helping each other overcome trials/obstacles in their lives and moving forward and letting go, Echo and Noah - Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry (Can't wait to read Dare You To....looking forward to Beth's story).

10) I've got a tie for # 10 (which is a sneaky way for me to actually get more than 10 on my list, hehe!!!) for the same reasons of falling for someone who has the ability to see the world in a beautiful way through art (graffiti or music and poetry) Sam and Grace - The Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater or Ed and Lucy - Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley

3 comments:

  1. Great list! I just finished Slammed today actually and I definitely have to agree, they are one of my favorite couples :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing list! I agree with a ton of them :). Happy to see Sam and Grace on here. They are a personal favorite of mine!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days, I'm going to have read that Stiefvater trilogy...

    ReplyDelete