Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Beach Reads.
I don't read many books that happen on or at the beach, so my idea of a beach read is something that I can blow through quickly. So my list is going to be reads that sucked me in and wouldn't let me go until I finished them--for the most part.
1) Nantucket Blue by Leila Howard - One of the only books I can think of at this time that happens at the beach.
2) Fallen Too Far/Never Too Far by Abbi Glines - Some beach scenes, but also quick reads.
3) Back to You by Priscilla Glenn - Couldn't put this down.
4) Dare You To by Katie McGarry - I read this one on the drive to Port Canaveral to board our cruise ship back in late March, so it has a vacation feel to it for me. Plus it's a quick read.
5) Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham - I finished this one while I was at the beach at the end of April so I have beach memories associated with this one.
6) Belonging by Karen Ann Hopkins - Quick read, didn't want to put it down.
7) The Secret of Ella & Micha/The Forever of Ella & Micha by Jessica Sorensen - Maybe a little heavy, but fast reads for me.
8) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey - I think this would be a great beach read. I read it quickly and what better incentive to appreciate the beach than to read about an apocalypse.
9) This Girl by Colleen Hoover - Talk about quick reads and getting sucked in! Plus when I read This Girl I couldn't keep this goofy smirk off my face. As long as you don't mind giggling like a little girl on the beach then this is THE perfect beach read. Oh, but I only included This Girl because Slammed and Point of Retreat made me cry and who wants to cry on the beach. At least we know how it ends with This Girl. But if you find yourself to be easy on the waterworks then pack a tissue or two or exclude this one from your list because I STILL teared up.
10) True by Erin McCarthy - Another one that sucked me in.
I feel like I could just keep going on this list, but I'll force myself to stop here.