Sunday, July 8, 2018

Sunday Post - 7/8/18

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Another busy, busy week. I don't remember much about Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was 4th of July and Husband was off work. We spent the entire day at his mom's house with family. Great food. The kids went swimming. Little Girl went down the pool slide for the first time. She also fell on the pool cement and scraped her knee pretty good. That night we shot fireworks not only because it's the typical thing to do on the 4th of July, but also because Husband's father passed 3 years ago while the fireworks were going off so we mainly shoot them in memory of him. I usually have to miss them because Little Girl had been too young for them in the past, and I assumed Baby Boy would be this year. But guys...HE FELL ASLEEP! Granted his ears were covered, but they were still quite loud. Either way, it was nice for me to get to enjoy them for once. Thursday, Husband had to go back to work, but the kids and I went back to his mom's to spend time with the rest of his family before they had to go back home. Friday I took the kids to the local playground for good behavior. That was hot, but they had a blast and wore themselves out. Nap time comes easy on these types of days. No new books this week.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Sons of Blackbird Mountain (Blackbird Mountain, # 1) by Joanne Bischhof (4 Stars)
Tuesday: Twelve Red/White/Blue Book Covers
Thursday: DNF Review of Before I Let You Go by Kirsten Wreggitt (DNF @ 25%)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of When We Were Young by Anna Benoit
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2018 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2018 to sing up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great week. Fireworks have also been a love hate for me. As a child they scared me as an adult they still do a little so I like to be a little away from them lol. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you worked things out and the holiday went splendidly. My dog used to freak out at the noise but his hearing isn't what it used to be and he slept through most of it.

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, falling asleep during fireworks is impressive. I wish I could do that. My neighbors shoot them off all summer, and it keeps me awake. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a busy, but good week. Have another one. :-)

    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice that you got to watch the fireworks. I slept through them because of my pneumonia. But the kids had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it's important to maintain a proper respect for them. They are explosives afterall, but they're so beautiful at the same time. Thanks for stopping by Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I always think about furbabies and human ones during times like this. You can't stop people from having a good time and enjoying them, but I think a lot of people don't stop to think who they might be affecting at the same time. Thanks for stopping by Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell me about it. Our next door neighbors have teenage boys and they were definitely shooting them for a good two weeks. If I'm already asleep it doesn't bother me, but it can keep me from going to sleep. Thanks for commenting as always AJ!

    ReplyDelete