Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday Post - 03/19/23

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Sunday night Baby Boy spent the night with my parents. Monday we got a message from our daughter's softball coach that he tested positive for COVID-19 on Sunday, but he still planned to be at practice Monday night. Husband and I decided to keep her out of practice. We're not "scared" of COVID exactly--not like we used to be. But who wants to risk getting sick right before spring break? We really thought it was a bad decision on the part of her coach to continue to practice. So we pulled her from practice, but we decided to take our son to his baseball practice (which is directly after Little Girl's practice). Little Boy was the 2nd batter and as soon as he got to first base we realized the coach on first base was wearing a mask. And once we noticed that we realized it was Little Girl's softball coach. And then he bent over directly in our son's face to tell him what to do next. We decided to pull him from practice. And we were even more frustrated that we weren't warned that he planned to be at baseball practice too. Tuesday, Little Boy and I went to get Baby Boy from my parent's house. Wednesday was a normal day. Thursday, I spent as much time as I could doing laundry and packing for Little Girl and Little Boy. We skipped Thursday night softball and baseball practice because the same coach was planning to be at practice again. Friday after I dropped the kids off at school, Baby Boy and I ran into Walmart to get some last minute things. Friday night, we took my parents and the kids to the SLE Rodeo. That's a long story, but basically, I had to redeem myself from an early teenage mistake with my dad. The kids had a blast. Then Saturday morning, my parents pick up the older kids to go to Gatlinburg for spring break.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Call of the Sea by Sian Ann Bessey (3.5 Stars)
Tuesday: Top Ten Spring 2023 TBR List
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Sleepless in Dubai by Sajni Patel

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Only Game in Town by Lacie Waldon
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?

Don’t forget to link up for the 2023 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2023 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment