Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sunday Post - 08/11/24

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

It was my full intention to do a bunch of nothing Monday and Tuesday. School started back on Wednesday, so I wanted to soak the remainder of my summer vacation up. Wednesday went well. Little Boy started Pre-K3 at a Mother's Day Out program that is 3 days a week, half a day. The big kids are officially 1st and 3rd grades! Although, in typical homeschool style, grade levels are a bit subjective. We had a good first day. Thursday, we went to orientation for a co-op we're joining this semester. I don't necessarily see co-op as being a long-term part of our homeschool, but we are specifically trying to find other families to spend time with on a more frequent and regular basis to form connections with. After orientation, we went to my parent's house to hang out. The kids did end up doing a good bit of sibling fighting that left me exhausted by the end of the day. Friday went a little smoother, but I was still emotionally spent from the day before. Little Boy is already sickly. Granted, he started school with a runny nose, but it has progressed to a cough. Saturday, I went to see It Ends With Us with my friend Lacy. I normally would expect to go see it with Holly but timing just didn't work out. I did finish one book this week, but I haven't gotten any new ones in a for a couple of weeks now--which is actually a good thing since I'm a little behind on reviews.

THE PAST WEEK

Monday: Review of Fate of the Sun King (Artefacts of Ouranos, # 3) by Nisha J Tuli (3.5 Stars)
Tuesday: Top Ten(ish) Favorite Books in a Series
Thursday: Review of Fairest of Heart (Texas Ever After, # 1) by Karen Witemeyer (3 Stars)
Friday: Homeschool Friday - This Is My Treehouse

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Haunted Ever After (Boneyard Key, # 1) by Jen DeLuca
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?
Friday: Homeschool Friday - Brave Heroes and Bold Defenders

Don’t forget to link up for the 2024 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2024 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment