Sunday, August 5, 2012

In My Mailbox - 14 & Sunday Post - 5

In My Mailbox is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where bloggers can discuss the books we got in the mail this week.

From the Library:

Along for the Ride

By: Sarah Dessen

Published: June 16th 2009 by Viking Juvenile (first published June 1st 2009)

383 pages

Source: Borrowed from my local library

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--It’s been so long since Auden slept at night. Ever since her parents’ divorce—or since the fighting started. Now she has the chance to spend a carefree summer with her dad and his new family in the charming beach town where they live.

A job in a clothes boutique introduces Auden to the world of girls: their talk, their friendship, their crushes. She missed out on all that, too busy being the perfect daughter to her demanding mother. Then she meets Eli, an intriguing loner and a fellow insomniac who becomes her guide to the nocturnal world of the town. Together they embark on parallel quests: for Auden, to experience the carefree teenage life she’s been denied; for Eli, to come to terms with the guilt he feels for the death of a friend.

In her signature pitch-perfect style, Sarah Dessen explores the hearts of two lonely people learning to connect.

This is my first Sarah Dessen...we'll see how I like it.

From NetGalley for Review:

Speechless

By: Hannah Harrington

Expected Publication: August 28th 2012 by HarlequinTeen

336 pages

Source: Publisher via NetGalley

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--The story of a girl named Chelsea Knot who takes a voluntary oath of silence after her gossip-mongering ways yield unexpected consequences…

Saying she’s sorry isn’t enough.

Beautiful Disaster

By: Jamie McGuire

Published: May 26th 2011 by Jamie McGuire

361 pages

Source: Publisher via NetGalley

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Because I already participate in the In My Mailbox meme (above), I'm just going to use this one as way to recap my week.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Oh my goodness guys. This has been a busy week for me and the blog. (Well busier than my normal week on the blog.)

On Monday, I posted my review of One for the Money by Janet Evanovich (3.5 Stars).

On Tuesday, I participated in Top 10 Tuesday where I listed my Top 10 Characters I'd Like to Switch Places with for 24 Hours. I totally love Top 10 Tuesday.

On Wednesday, I shared a book I'm anxiously awaiting in Waiting on Wednesday...The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead.

On Thursday, I had a guest post written by my friend Paula. It was a review of Prince of Wolves by Quinn Loftis. And I was also nominated by Joie @ Joie De Lire for the Versatile Blog Award.

Oh and completely non-book related, but still kind of cool (I think anyway), I wrote an article for my brother's website, Chasing A Lion, called The Prayer Bowl. That's it for this past week.

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday, I've got a review of Incarceron for you. Tuesday is Top 10 Tuesday, and I'll be listing the Top 10 Post on My Blog That Give the Best Picture of Me as a Person and as a Reader. I'll be featuring a book I'm stoked about in Waiting on Wednesday. And Thursday, I'll be bringing you my review of Confessions of an Angry Girl. And that's all I've got planned for now.

What books did you guys get in your mailbox this past week? Any bookish things going on in your world that you're really excited about? Let me know!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had a great week. I can't wait to see what you think of Incarceron. Great haul...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3113

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! I've heard lots of good things about Dessen but haven't read her yet. I hope you like her, and the rest of your books. Thanks for the visit and the kind words. Many, MANY of the books on my TBR are Kindle freebies, those things are dangerous! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked Along for the Ride. I'm a big Sarah Dessen fan. The romance in that one is not my very favorite, but it's a great book. My fave Sarah Dessen is This Lullaby.

    Also reading Speechless soon -- I loved Saving June so very excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to your review of Confession of an Angry Girl. Great week this week on the blog, i will look for any posts I missed. Awesome book haul, I just finished Beautiful Disaster and my review posts on the 14th. Thanks as always for being a part of The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week, I've heard so many good things about Speechless. Looking forward to reading what you thought of Incarceron, I loved it!

    IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Disaster is currently the book to get. Pretty much everyone snagged copies. I can't wait to read it. I look forward to your upcoming week. Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great week! That's fun about posting on your brother's blog. :) I've been seeing all sorts of people who got Beautiful Disaster from NetGalley and I never knew it was there. I can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen that cover from Speechless before, but it's quite pretty! :)

    Happy reading ^^

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/showcase-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh great haul!! I love Sarah Dessen's books! :)
    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Haul! I also got speechless, it looks so good doesn't it :).

    Thanks for stopping by -Brittan

    ReplyDelete