Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on The Indigo Spell

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The Golden Lily has barely been out for a six weeks and the cover has already been released for the next book in the series. I love how Richelle Mead can spit these books out about every 6-8 months. It's so much better than having to wait an entire year between books. Love it! And so with the ending of The Golden Lily, I'm so totally stoked and anticipating book 3 in the bloodlines series.

The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, # 3)

By: Richelle Mead

Expected Publication: February 12th 2013 by Razorbill

432 pages

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--After an event that changed Sydney and Adrian’s lives forever, Sydney struggles to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring Marcus Finch, a former Alchemist who pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her. And when Sydney comes face to face with an evil magic user, she finally begins to embrace the mysterious magic she knows she holds within . . .

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, the Bloodlines series explores all the friendship, romance, battles, and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive—this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone’s out for blood.

But here's the thing, Richelle Mead's blog, Even Redheads Get the Blues, has a slightly different description for The Indigo Spell that I liked just a little bit better than the Goodreads one, so I'm posting it too.

In the aftermath of a forbidden moment that rocked Sydney to her core, she finds herself struggling to draw the line between her Alchemist teachings and what her heart is urging her to do. Then she meets alluring, rebellious Marcus Finch--a former Alchemist who escaped against all odds, and is now on the run. Marcus wants to teach Sydney the secrets he claims the Alchemists are hiding from her. But as he pushes her to rebel against the people who raised her, Sydney finds that breaking free is harder than she thought. There is an old and mysterious magic rooted deeply within her. And as she searches for an evil magic user targeting powerful young witches, she realizes that her only hope is to embrace her magical blood--or else she might be next.

10 comments:

  1. Great pick! I really need to start reading this series. I've heard that the Vampire Academy is great as well as the spin offs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely need to add Vampire Academy and Bloodlines to your must read list. Vampire Academy is one of my favorite series.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  2. I've yet to read Richelle Mead, but this had to be the year to remedy that :)
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Make this the year to check it out! You won't be sorry! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I still haven't started the Bloodlines series, but hopefully I will soon! I'm a big Adrian fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I've just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award on my blog! You can check out your nomination here! :)
      ~Joie @ Joie de Lire

      Delete
    2. Oh yes! Bloodlines wasn't as exciting to me as Vampire Academy, but The Golden Lily was alot better and left you wanting more. So I'm excited about The Indigo Spell.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog! And double thanks for the award nomination. I'll jump on that as soon as I can tonight.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't read The Golden Lily but it's not like I don't want to. I'm really looking forward to reading first that and then The Indigo Spell. I hope I get a chance to read both books soon.... Great pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Golden Lily was very good, you must add it to your TBR list soon. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!

      Delete
  5. This one can come out today. Seriously, I don't want to wait to see what happens. I need this one NOW. :)

    ReplyDelete