Sunday, August 26, 2012

In My Mailbox - 17 & Sunday Post - 8

In My Mailbox is a weekly post hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren where bloggers can discuss the books we got in the mail this week.

Crave (The Clann, #1)

By: Melissa Darnell

Published: October 25th 2011 by Harlequin Teen (first published October 18th 2011)

416 pages

Source: Own/Personal Kindle Library

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--Savannah Colbert has never known why she's so hated by the kids of the Clann. Nor can she deny her instinct to get close to Clann golden boy Tristan Coleman. Especially when she recovers from a strange illness and the attraction becomes nearly irresistible. It's as if he's a magnet, pulling her gaze, her thoughts, even her dreams. Her family has warned her to have nothing to do with him, or any members of the Clann. But when Tristan is suddenly everywhere she goes, Savannah fears she's destined to fail.

For years, Tristan has been forbidden to even speak to Savannah Colbert. Then Savannah disappears from school for a week and comes back…different, and suddenly he can't stay away. Boys seem intoxicated just from looking at her. His own family becomes stricter than ever. And Tristan has to fight his own urge to protect her, to be near her no matter the consequences….

This was another instance where I couldn't tell that the NetGalley book was a 2nd in a series, requested it, and then had to turn around and buy book 1 so I would have the whole stor.

Covet (The Clann, # 2)

By: Melissa Darnell

Expected Publication: September 25th 2012 by HarlequinTeen

488 pages

Source: Publisher via NetGalley (Thank you HarlequinTeen!)

( Goodreads | Amazon )

Goodreads description--Dangerous to be together. Painful to be apart. Savannah Colbert knows she broke up with Tristan Coleman for the right reasons. Most of all, to keep from killing him with her new vampire abilities. But try telling her heart. Now, lost in a sea of hostile Clann faces, Sav tries to come to terms with what she's becoming and what that means for her future. And that someone is doing their best to bully her into making a terrible mistake.

Tristan can't believe Sav won't even talk to him. If being apart is her decision, fine. Just don't expect him to honor it. But even as he prepares to fight for the girl he loves, forces beyond their control take them both in directions neither could have foreseen or prepared for.

A reckoning is coming…and not everyone will survive.

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Because I already participate in the In My Mailbox meme (above), I'm just going to use this one as way to recap my week.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: I did a reivew of Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins (4 Stars)

I also posted a video that hubby sent me. It's the song that inspired my blog title and includes my background/theme. Ironic!

Tuesday: I participated in Top 10 Tuesday where I listed the Top 10 Favorite Books I've Read During the Lifespan of My Blog.

Wednesday: I participated in Waiting on Wednesday where I featured Finale the 4th and final book in the Hush, Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick.

Thursday: I reviewed Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. (A high 4 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: I'll review Speechless by Hannah Harrington.

Tuesday: I'll participate in Top 10 Tuesday where I'll list my Top 10 Bookish Confessions (oh boy!).

Wednesday: I'll participate in Waiting on Wednesday where I'll feature a book I'm anxiously awaiting.

Thursday: I'll review Entice (Need, # 3) by Carrie Jones.

That's it for my mailbox and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you get in your mailbox this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

15 comments:

  1. Nice haul this week! I was going to read Crave a while ago- but put it on hold! I hope you enjoy it, can't wait to see what you think about it. (:

    Here is my IMM !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for stopping by. I haven't read Saving June yet, but I definitely felt the same way before I read Cinder; like everyone else had read and loved it, and I'd never got around to reading it! I finally read it this week and I did enjoy it, 3/5 for me.

    I noticed Linger on your Top Ten though, and I still haven't read any of those yet, so I guess it all evens out somewhere!

    Enjoy your books this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read crave yet but it sounds like a great read. I hope you enjoy both books. Thanks for stopping by.
    Amy's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crave and Covet have amazing covers. I'm lovin' the red and black/gray eerie look. Can't wait to check out your reviews!
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, new follower:) I like your background because it makes me want to go outside:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both those books look awesome. Hope you enjoy them both :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely haul and the covers are so pretty. Great week on the blog and the week ahead looks good. I will be sure and check them out.Thanks for being a part of The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those covers are so gorgeous! Hope the books live up to them!

    Thanks for stopping by My
    Added to the Bookshelf post!


    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's
    Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely got some awesome books! I hope you enjoy them.


    MY HAUL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome haul this week! Enjoy your new books!
    Happy Reading,
    Dani
    My Sunday Edition @ Paulette’s Papers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the covers on both of these. Nice haul. I hope you like them..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3632

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great books, I own a copy of Crave but haven't read it yet!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recognize those books from their covers. :) I hope they're awesome -- they sound pretty good. ^.^

    Happy reading!

    -Amelia
    The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  14. A nice haul! I am really keen to read Crave & Covet.

    Thanks for stopping by my StS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey!

    Great mailbox you've got! :)

    Here's my IMM: http://highlyreadioactive.blogspot.in/2012/08/in-my-mail-box-1.html

    ReplyDelete