Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Blogging Confessions.
- I quote from unfinished, uncorrected egalley and advanced reader copies. Is there anyone who actually contacts the publisher or waits for the release date to verify with the finished product before quoting? I’m just curious. I feel a little guilty about it, but then I don’t also.
- I get serious anxiety when my TBR list in my possession gets over 100 books. I need to know that I can feasibly read all of the books I own or possess. One hundred is doable. It might take me an entire year to read them all, but I could totally do it. More and I start getting all panicky.
- My ratio on NetGalley is over 100%. Apparently “read now” books don’t count against you as books you’ve been approved for, but they do count for you on books you’ve reviewed. So I’ve been able to get a really positive ratio even though I still have about 11 books from NetGalley that I need to review.
- I hate how NetGalley asks you if you would buy the book or if you’d like to connect with the author. I’d like a “maybe” option. And it’s really awkward when you have to click “no.”
- Sometimes I’m jealous of bloggers who are in with specific authors. While I think it’s cool for publishers to send packages to some bloggers, I’m more jealous of the bloggers who managed to hit it off with my favorite authors. Yet I also know that I’m not sure it’s really me to put myself out there to most authors like I assume they must have.
- I try to meet publication deadlines for reviews, but I try not to stress out about that. Sometimes I even purposefully miss a deadline to read a “non-review” book just so that I don’t get into a reading slump.
- I refuse to follow other bloggers who ASK me to follow them. Don’t get me wrong, I voluntarily follow A LOT of bloggers (book bloggers and otherwise), and if you follow me chances are good that I’ll follow you back. But there’s just something about someone asking me to follow them that rubs me the wrong way.
- I’m not really a fan of Twitter. I have my blog posts set up to tweet automatically, but to actively tweet….yeah I’ve not gotten there yet. And I don’t really understand how you carry on a conversation with someone through Twitter.
- I’m an organization nerd when it comes to my blog. I’ve got Goodreads shelves, Excel spreadsheets, Google calendars (okay just the one) and various other tools to keep my blog organized (and color coordinated). And that’s helped me stay at least a month ahead on scheduled posts and events.
- I pretty much never sign up for blog tours. It can get really awkward if you’re reviewing a book for a tour that you don’t like. And I hate signing up for cover reveals because I’m a little picky about the covers that make it onto my blog, and you never know what the cover is going to look like when you sign up to be a part of the reveal.
*Bonus: My SNL and I exchanged Kindles, indefinitely yet not permanently, so that we can both have constant access to each other's books. (We both own multiple devices so we both have access to our own books at any given time also.)
I’m sure I have other blogging confessions, but this is what you’re getting this week. What about you? What are your blogging confessions? Do you have any “weird” blogging quirks? Let me know!