Sunday, December 24, 2023

Sunday Post - 12/24/23

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

This past week has been a blur of all the things. Monday the kids and I worked on gingerbread houses. They weren't as into them this year. I have to say that I thought gingerbread houses would be more fun than they are. I'm debating on skipping them next year. I guess we'll see come next December. Tuesday, I did grocery pickup and then we went to hang out with my parents for the day. Little Girl snagged a lizard from the yard and has been keeping it for a pet this past week. She plans to let it go today, but every day she kind of does the "one more day" thing. I have to say that I've been impressed with her taking care of Lizzie. She's fed and watered her. She's given her a bath and cleaned her jar and refreshed her leaves. Plus she's let her out to play a little each day. I also feel bad for her because I think she should be free. Wednesday we baked Christmas cookies. This was the first year I let Baby Boy join us and boy is it much harder baking with three than with two. And have you guys seen that video of the little boy who keeps trying to eat all the things while baking with his grandmother? That was totally Baby Boy. He wasn't quite as bad or as fast as that little boy in the video, but sheesh, it was still exhausting and stressful trying to keep him from licking all the things. Friday, we also had a Christmas party for our church family at my parent's house. Little Boy started feeling sick. He was pitiful. He ended up running a fever about 3:30 in the morning and because of that he missed Christmas with Husband's side of the family. I took Little Girl and had lunch and then came home for nap time and Husband went over while I stayed home for nap with the boys. Baby Boy wasn't running fever, but his cough was terrible so we kept him home too. Husband has a friend from high school coming to stay with us starting this afternoon for a week. So every free moment I had in between all of that was spent cleaning all the things this week. I mean I cleaned all the things...washed curtains, cleaned ceiling fans, dusted doors and windows and air vents. I shampooed the couch and cleaned under it. I cleaned all the cabinets and all the bedrooms and bathrooms. I vacuumed and mopped. I washed all the linens, the blankets for the couches, the rugs, etc. And yet I still feel there's more that I didn't get to. I'm pooped. I feel like this coming week I plan to relax as much as possible. Anyway, Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you have a great day and wish you all love and joy!

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of A Mistletoe Mismatch (A Christmas Match, # 4) by Sally Britton (4 Stars)
Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings Me 2023
Thursday: Review of How Great is Our God by Louie Giglio (5 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Merry Christmas to all!
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?
Thursday: Review of Someone You Loved by Robin Constantine

Don’t forget to link up for the 2023 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2023 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment