Sunday, January 21, 2024

Sunday Post - 1/21/24

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Last Sunday night we drove to Husband's sister's house in Georgia to spend the night. Monday morning we got up and went to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta. We went as a family, but I counted it as a school field trip. The kids went from being excessively excited to utterly bored. I suppose that's the way of kids. Monday night to Tuesday morning we had a freeze like a large portion of America. It was under freezing most of the week. This isn't unusual for many, but we might have a handful or two days of below freezing temps in one year where we live so it's always a big fuss when it happens. No snow for us though. Public school was out on Tuesday, but we continued right along with our homeschool. Thursday, I took the kids to my parents and then ran to the dentist. By the time we got home Little Girl was running a fever so we did end up taking the day off from school, but we were back to normal on Friday. I haven't done much reading at all this week as I've gotten sucked into a Netflix show. I also finished my first crochet project--a nice navy blue scarf. I plan to donate most of my projects to the nursing homes in our area. Today is Baby Boy's 3rd birthday. I can't believe how fast the time is going. We are moving from toddler to little kid very quickly.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Lily of Ludgate Hill (Belles of London, # 3) by Mimi Matthews (4 Stars)
Wednesday: Can't Wait for If the Boot Fits (Texas Ever After, # 2) by Karen Witemeyer
Thursday: Review of Blood and Steel (The Legends of Thezmarr, # 1) by Helen Scheuerer

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Rocky Mountain Promise (Sisters of the Rockies, # 2) by Misty M Beller
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday?
Thursday: 2024 Series Enders Reading Challenge - January Wrap Up
Friday: Homeschool Friday - Review of The Adventures of Captain Underpants (Captain Underpants, # 1) by Dav Pilkey

Don’t forget to link up for the 2024 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2024 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment