Friday, January 6, 2017

Problems Only We Know: Deal Bundles

I'm starting a new feature called Problems Only We Know. This is feature is meant to be funny--sarcastic at times-- that highlights on a few topics here and there that can be annoying or small inconveniences that only readers/bloggers will understand.

For our first Problems Only We Know topic, let's talk deal bundles.

Let's say you own all of the books in a series except the last book. That last book is priced at $2.99 (or whatever the price, it really doesn't matter). And then the entire series goes on sale for $0.99 as a bundle. WHAT DO YOU DO?

via GIPHY

On the one hand, buying the bundle at the reduced price is still cheaper than buying the last book by itself. On the other hand, since you already own the prior books in the series you're taking up space on your device. So which path do you take?

via GIPHY

via GIPHY

I guess it comes down to which is more important to you? Money or space. It doesn't really matter. You just have to choose one.

via GIPHY

It's not like this is a huge deal. But it is an inconvenience. And this is definitely a problem that only readers know. What do you guys think? Let me know!

6 comments:

  1. I can't recall this happening to me, but i would definitely buy the bundle at the cheaper price. Then I could delete the single books off my kindle and keep the bundle if I needed space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get the bundle at the cheaper price. If the books I already had were in print, I'd gift them to someone, or trade them in at the used bookstore.

    Also, I have never even come close to filling up the book space on my iPad -- but I also don't buy many ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly @ Words Fueled by LoveJanuary 8, 2017 at 7:19 AM

    I can honestly say I don't recall this ever happening for me. If it did, I feel like I would just buy the last book versus the bundle. No reason to have all of the other books again. Seeing as how the Kindle app, or Kindle itself has so much space I don't think I'll ever run out. I have gone through and deleted books that I either a) won't read again or b) have no interest in but got without really thinking it through. Interesting question to consider though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! It's happened to me at least twice. And I skipped the bundle on the first time because I wasn't sure what to do about it. I've regretting passing it up since so when the second time came around I went ahead and jumped on it. Thanks for commenting Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not close to filling up the space on my kindle either so maybe this shouldn't be an issue at all. I've decided that I'll be getting the bundles too. I'm all about saving money. :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting Dede!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! It's happened to me at least twice. And I skipped the bundle on the first time because I wasn't sure what to do about it. I've regretting passing it up since so when the second time came around I went ahead and jumped on it. I'd rather save the money since like you said you can always remove the single books from your device.

    ReplyDelete