Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday Post - 11/14/2021

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

Little Girl began running fever off and on last Friday afternoon. By the time Monday rolled around she had to stay home from school and I was able to get her in to see the doctor. She got an antibiotic and prescription cough medicine. Doctor said she could return to school on Wednesday. When I picked Little Boy up from school Wednesday he was running a fever. And thus he has followed her exact symptom pattern. Both kids were home from school Thursday due to Veteran's Day. (Thank you to all the veterans out there.) And Little Boy had to stay home Friday because he did run fever Thursday night as well. Our house project is still on-going and has generally been a nightmare. We have learned a lot of lessons about what not to do. We originally planned to live at our house while the project was going on, but in June decided to move into my parent's house so that Husband could work at his new job (fully remote) without interruption and background noise. As well as a ton of construction dust in the air. Well the bedrooms that we left furnished with our possessions are covered in concrete dust. So we have been load by load bringing possessions to my parent's house for me to clean and then hauling them off to storage until our project is complete. It has been time consuming, disheartening, exhausting, and many other things. But I am in some ways thankful for the forced excuse to handle all of our possessions and declutter as much as I possibly can. I have donated more clothes than I've decided to keep. And hopefully we will have quite a toy purge which is timely with Christmas around the corner. Friday, my mom went back to Nanny's for the weekend. I briefly got to visit with my nephew also on Friday. He lives out of town and I might see him two or three times a year now. He's all grown up too. Friday afternoon on the way home from school, Little Girl threw up in the car. She gets car sick, and she didn't tell me it was coming on because she didn't want to be "forced" to take a ginger tablet. Bless her. Between her cough medicine and her antibiotic, neither tastes good and so getting her to take medicine hasn't been exactly easy with this sickness.

THE PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of Never Fall for Your Fiancee (The Merriwell Sisters, # 1) by Virginia Heath (4 Stars)
Wednesday 10/27:Can't Wait for Always Jane by Jenn Bennett

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Dating Playbook (The Boyfriend Project, # 2) by Farrah Rochon
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday?
Wednesday: Can't Wait for Wednesday

Don’t forget to link up for the 2021 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15th, 2021 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

NEW BOOKS:

No new books this week.

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment