Thursday, June 7, 2012

Armchair BEA 2012 - Beyond the Blog

It’s day 4 here at Armchair BEA and today’s topic is life beyond the blog. Making money through your blog, writing for other places and sites, and networking outside the book blog community.

Unfortunately, I have very little to add here. I do post my reviews of books with spiritual topics on my brother's site, Chasing A Lion and I've written an article for his site called, Prayer, The Perfect Communication. I do plan to write more articles for his site as topics come to me, but honestly, I haven't even had time to think about any other topic I want to write about.

I've really enjoyed creating this site and everything that has come along with it. And though I wouldn't trade the experiences I've had here, I can't think about adding anything extra at the moment. Sometimes my lack of patience would love nothing more than to skip through the learning process and get to the part where I know it all (as if that ever even happens), but then I remember that I would miss the journey. It'd be like reading the last 50 pages of a good book without reading any of the beginning, where we meet the characters or the middle where we experience their conflicts. And what reward is the ending without the other? So while one day I might find myself in a position of writing for other sites, organization, etc, or making money reading books and/or working this blog (wouldn't that be a crazy dream), for now, I'm enjoying the journey, I'm happy where I am, and I'm just soaking it in one piece of information at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment