I hate finding out about these things last minute--but I guess that's better than not finding out about them at all. I'm going to plan to try to participate in April from Good Books and Good Wine's 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge. Day 1 is Book Related Confessions. So here they are...
My Book Related Confessions
- I read multiple books at one time. I have 7 listed on my currently reading shelf on Goodreads. I just need my options open. I usually have a couple going on my Kindle/Kindle App, plus a paperback or two, and if I'm lucky an audiobook.
- Reading multiple books at one time really helps me get through those monster books such as the A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin.
- I've only ever DNF'd 2 books. I like the idea of the freedom that comes from letting them go...but it's so hard.
- I definitely judge every book by it's cover. And I've been suckered into several that bombed because of it. But I haven't read many that I just hated the cover.
- I am a snob about taking care of my books. I ALWAYS take the jacket cover off before loaning my hardback books. And I almost hate to even read a paperback book myself because you know the cover just isn't going to hold up over time.
- I don't hate love triangles--having lived a few myself, I actually relate to them.
- I'm a total nerd. Aside from having shelves on Goodreads to keep up with all of my books, I have multiple spreadsheets. My top two spreadsheets are used for keeping up with all of the books I have in my possession that are yet to be read. There's no way I could keep up with that in my head. And for books I want to do a Waiting on Wednesday post for--those sequels that the cover and description aren't released yet.
- I currently have over 80 books that are in my possession that I have not read yet. The closer I get to 100 the more stressed out I am. I know I'll never get that number to zero and I'll probably never read EVERY book I have, but I will try my hardest.
- I have a 3rd Generation Kindle, a Kindle Fire, and I use the Kindle App on my phone to read. And I get really frustrated if they don't sync for some reason--first world problems.
- I get frustrated with my friends when they don't read the books I want them to read in the time I think it should take for them to read them. I know--I'm a horrible friend and not everyone has as much time as I do to read or makes it the priority that I do. I just want them to experience the goodness that I've found in each book.
- I re-read books and have been known to re-read them several times. I know I've read the Twilight series about 7 or 8 times. And I've read the Vampire Academy series at least 6. I don't re-read as much anymore because I'm trying to read new to me books so that I can share those with my readers. Although, I have recently established two new features for the blog that include re-reads.
- If I really love a series, I'll own it in multiple formats. I own both paper copies and audio copies of the following series: Twilight, Vampire Academy, Harry Potter, and The Wolves of Mercy Falls. I wish I could buy more audiobooks, but they're so expensive.
- I'm really protective of my book babies. If someone hated a story or series that I loved, it brings the mama bear out in me. I try so hard to fight it, but I want to go on the attack and claw their eyes out. I feel I must suppress this though because everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
- If a love triangle (or other shape) is involved, I usually try to follow the main character's feelings and root for the character that the MC really cares the most for, but lately I've found myself fighting a few of these matches with everything I have.
- I've learned that lyrical/poetic writing is my favorite even though I don't read much poetry itself. Maggie Stiefvater, Carrie Ryan, Lauren Oliver, and Courtney Summers are the authors that most come to mind right now.
- I must have all of the books in a series in the same format. If I get book 1 in audiobook, I need all of the books in the series on audiobook. If I get book 1 on my Kindle the rest of the series must be kindle editions. If I get book 1 in hardback, I need the rest of the series in hardback.
And because I'm so rebellious...
What are your book related confessions? Let me know!