Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Top Ten Slow Building Relationships

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Romance Tropes/Types.

  1. Fern & Ambrose - Making Faces by Amy Harmon
  2. Georgia & Moses - The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon
  3. Aelin & Rowan - Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas
  4. Mustang & Darrow - Red Rising series by Pierce Brown
  5. Alexi & Bodee - Faking Normal by Courtney C Stevens
  6. Juliette & Warner - Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
  7. Peeta & Katniss - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  8. Sydney & Adrian - Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead
  9. Cole & Isabel - Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater
  10. Rose & Dimitri - Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Honorable Mentions
Eleanor & Samuel (The Captive Heart by Michelle Griep)
Kestrel & Arin (The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski)
Blue & Gansey (The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater)
Robin & Phoenix (Believe by Erin McCarthy)
Val & Kyle (V is for Virgin by Kelly Oram)
Peter & Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han)
Nova & Quinton (Nova by Jessica Sorensen)
Cal & Nyelle - What If by Rebecca Donovan

What do you guys think? Who are your favorite slow building couples? Let me know!

PS Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you all have a day full of love and happiness!

10 comments:

  1. I loved Making Faces and Law of Moses and those couples. Amy Harmon is great. I have to get to Faking Normal. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making Faces is on my TBR. Ever since I finished The Bird and the Sword, I knew I'd have to pick up more of her books. Blue and Gansey is one of my favorite fictional couples. I love them so much. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added some of these on my Top Ten which was for favorite romances! And I was so close to including Nova and Quinton but they didn't make the top ten. And Making Faces is definitely one of my favorites! Recently re-read it and fell in love all over again!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Stiefvater's characters are some of my favorites!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Peeta and Katniss (though they weren't on my list this week).
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/14/top-ten-tuesday-96/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to read more Amy Harmon. I'm sold! I really enjoyed Faking Normal too. I hope you get to read it soon. Thanks for stopping by Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes. I've read these two on my list, but I know I've got to read more Amy Harmon. I'm close to finishing The Raven King now and I still love Blue and Gansey. Thanks for stopping by Alicia. I hope you had a happy Valentine's Day as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah I enjoyed Nova and Quinton, but I can definitely see them not being a top ten for romances. Shoot, just reading my review for Making Faces while I was prepping my blog post this week made me want to re-read it, and I JUST read it for the first time last month. Thanks for stopping by Elena!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I love Blue and Gansey. I have to say that I'm not loving The Raven King (which I'm currently reading) as much as I hoped. Thanks for stopping by Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally understand. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Jo!

    ReplyDelete