Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fraterfest Read-A-Thon 2013

Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Fraterfest Read-a-Thon #2 October 3rd through the 8th hosted by Kimba The Caffeinated Book Reviewer

Last year’s Fraterfest was an absolute blast and participants wanted it to be longer so I’ve extended the length. There will be challenges, prizes, a twitter party and we will again be using the hashtag #Fraterfest. Join for one day or join for all, the goal is to read and maybe make a few new friends!

Rules

    The event kicks of at 12:01 am on October 3rd in your time zone and ends at 12:00 midnight on October 8th.
    Link up below. You do not need a blog to participate. You can use your Goodreads account, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Tumblr etc.
    Join for one day or the entire time..it is up to you.
    Must post either start-up post or wrap-up post to qualify and participate in at least one challenge. (around time of event) for participant giveaway.
    Earn extra entries for participant giveaway for each challenge you participate in.
    Earn an extra entry for reading one of the following: a Rhiannon Frater book or one of these genres: paranormal, horror, mystery, suspense, zombie,vampire, shapeshifter, witch, dystopian, post-apocalyptic, ghost..you get the picture.
    Extra entries for sharing, adding button and following challenge hosts
    Have fun!
    Tweet your progress using #Fraterfest (optional)

Challenges

Challenges are open beginning at 9 AM (EST) and will remain open until October 9 at 12:01 AM

    Fraterfest Thirstbuster- Chene @ Mean Who You Are
    Witch Cover Is It?- Berls @ Fantasy is More Fun
    Jigsaw Puzzle Challenge-April @ My Shelf Confessions
    Witchy Wonders Cover Challenge -Reanna @ Phantasmic Reads

Twitter Party on Sunday October 6th from 4 pm (EST) to 5 pm (EST) with chances to win prizes and swag

See Kimba The Caffeinated Book Reviewer for entry into her giveaway.

And here are my reading goals for the read-a-thon (though I'm not 100% sure which order I'll choose):

Demons (Seers, # 2) by Heather Frost
Alienated (Alientated, # 1) by Melissa Landers
Origin (Lux, # 4) by Jennifer L Armentrout
Inhuman (Fetch, # 1) by Kat Falls

Wrap Up

Yeah...so I ended up re-reading Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, # 4) by Richelle Mead during the read-a-thon (by the skin of my teeth). That wasn't really part of my goals, but it just sort of happened. And I rolled with it. I also made it through 45% of Origin (Lux, # 4) by Jennifer L Armentrout. Hope to finish that one before the end of the week though it won't count for the read-a-thon.

Also, I did participate in every challenge this year. Fun stuff. Looking forward to next year.

8 comments:

  1. I love your reading list and really hope Alienated is good! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you luck. I will be following the conversations but not going to participate. (Midterms)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have some good reads lined up :) Good luck and happy reading :)
    Chanzie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kimba! I'm looking forward to getting into that one, but since the publication date is so far out that will probably be the last one I get to. Love Fraterfest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...I remember those days! :) At least you can kind of follow along! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great line-up of books. I am excited that you are reading Alienated. I have been thinking about reading it (I like the cover). :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pamela! I'm slow going on my goals so far, but sometimes that just happens. Alienated will be the last one I get to since the publication date isn't until 2014. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete