Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Most Disappointing Series Enders.
This is a hard topic. While I am definitely a series reader, most of the series that I've been really disappointed with I haven't finished. You can see my Series DNF # 1 post here where I discuss my first sweep through unfinished series that I don't plan on finishing. And I have around 60 ongoing series that either all of the books haven't been released or I haven't read the ones that are. So...that severely diminishes the pool I have to draw from.
I'm sure there will be some upsets here. Please keep in mind that while I did enjoy most of ALL of the series listed below, I just didn't feel like these last installments lived up to the rest of the series. Most of these I even gave 4 Stars to, so it's not like I hated them, I was just slightly disappointed.
- 1) Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, # 3) by Cassandra Clare - While overall I enjoyed this book, I didn't love the ending. I felt like it was a slight cop out. I felt like Cassandra Clare was trying to please everyone. :(
- 2) Wisdom (My Blood Approves, # 4) by Amanda Hocking - I was Team Peter. Enough said.
- 3) Walking Disaster (Beautiful, # 2) by Jamie McGuire - I definitely enjoyed this book, but Jamie McGuire decided to add a tidbit about where Abby and Travis are down the road and I felt like this piece was a bit too cheesy.
- 4) Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, # 3) by Kristin Kashore - I'm reaching here. I gave Bitterblue 4 stars, but it was definitely my least favorite in the series. So much happens in this book that I was completely exhausted after reading it, but there wasn't as much of a love story as I wanted.
- 5) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, # 3) by Suzanne Collins - What I fell in love with in The Hunger Games series was the games not the political war stuff. So Mockingjay just wasn't up to par with the other two in this series to me. I did ultimately like the very end, but Mockingjay as a whole just wasn't really my favorite.
- 6) Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, # 3) by Maggie Stiefvater - The very end was just a little too open for me. I'm so thankful that she's writing another book about Cole & Isabel so maybe I can get some final closure.
- 7) The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, # 3) by Carrie Ryan - I got hooked into The Forest of Hands and Teeth, but I loved The Dead-Tossed Waves even more. With the cliffhanger ending of The Dead-Tossed Waves, that's what I wanted more of. I wanted to finish that story line, but The Dark and Hollow Places just didn't live up to the other two books IMO either. Plus I never really connected to Annah.
- 8) Resurrection (Wicked, # 5) by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie - Looking back this whole series isn't that great, but this last installment was definitely a letdown.
Surprisingly, that's all I've got. I usually go over, so it was nice to come in under this time. What about you? What's your biggest disappointing series enders? Let me know!