Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books I Was Forced to Read.
I broke these down into books that were kind of forced on me by other people and books I was forced to read in school. But that means I exceed the 10 limit--what else is new.
Forced By Other People
- 1) Personality Plus by Florence Littauer - Dad
- 2) The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman - Dad
- 3) It's All About Him by Denise Jackson - Dad
- 4) The Prophet by Khalil Gibran - Husband
- 5) Persuasion by Jane Austen - Husband
- 6) One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp - Coworker
Forced In School
- 1) Shiloh by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor - 4th Grade
- 2) The Indian in the Cupboard by Lynne Reid Banks - 6th Grade
- 3) James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
- 4) Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George - 5th Grade
- 5) Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls - 6th Grade
- 6) Mrs. Frisby the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien - 5th Grade
- 7) The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson - 5th Grade
- 8) Frankenstein by Mary Shelley - 9th Grade
- 9) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - 5th Grade
What are your favorite books that you were forced to read? Let me know!