Tuesday, April 23, 2019

First Ten Books I Ever Reviewed

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. This week's topic is First Ten Books I Ever Reviewed.

  1. Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, # 1) by Becca Fitzpatrick
  2. Good to Great by Jim Collins
  3. The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, # 3) by Carrie Ryan
  4. Crescendo (Hush, Hush, # 2) by Becca Fitzpatrick
  5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, # 4) by JK Rowling
  6. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, # 5) by JK Rowling
  7. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, # 6) by JK Rowling
  8. City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, # 4) by Cassandra Clare
  9. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, # 7) by JK Rowling - My only half decent review of the entire series.
  10. Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

You guys it is almost embarrassing to even post these reviews. I had no idea what I was doing with reviewing a book. I didn't even know what I wanted my blog to be at that point. And I certainly didn't review ANY of the Harry Potter books (save MAYBE The Deathly Hallows) with any real skill or even worthy of the books or the series themselves. I've always intended to re-read and then update my reviews of the series but I just haven't yet. Which books were your first reviews? Let me know!

5 comments:

  1. Do you think you'll ever reread these books or post new reviews of them?

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always intended to. I used to re-read books all of the time, but the last three years I've had a reduced amount of time available to read and I have only done re-read when I needed to get out of a reading slump. So I'd love to...but I also have no idea when that would be feasible. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no need to be embarrassed! I think all of us this week are embarrassed by our older reviews. Heck, maybe a couple years from now all of us will be embarrassed by our current reviews! We're all getting better at writing our reviews! I also want to someday reread some of my older favorites and give them less cringe-worthy reviews, but it's always hard to find time.
    Here's My List

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about the Hush, Hush series. What a throwback. Great list!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete