Thursday, January 2, 2020

2019 EOY Wrap Up

At the end of every year and the beginning of the next, I go into contemplative mode. I think about the past year. What happened? What changed in my life? What were the big things that I accomplished? What did I spend my time doing or thinking about? And then I think about the upcoming one as well. What do I want to see happen? What do I want to change in my life? What big things do I want to accomplish? What do I want to spend my time doing and thinking about? What things about last year do I really want to see change in the upcoming one?

2019 moved me out of the baby phase and into the toddler phase. My children are now 4 and 2 years old. Little Girl is becoming such a big girl. She's more and more independent. She's learning so much and I'm seeing her grow in every way. I'm so proud of her. Little Boy alternates between being the sweetest, snuggliest child and being a stubborn, temper tantrum throwing typical 2 year old. He's completely where he should be for his age. He's at both a fun and a difficult age though. We pulled up the carpet in our dining room and laid vinyl plank flooring down. We love it. Husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a cruise. While we were gone a storm came through and blew down three large trees which caused quite a lot of clean up. We also took a weekend trip to Great Wolf Lodge. We added a great nephew and a great niece to the family this year. And I find that generally we had a really great year. 2020 already has a lot in store for us, and I look forward to being able to share updates with you guys when things happen.

As for reading and blogging, I'm still doing the best I can. I exceeded or met all of my goals for 2019, but I imagine that 2020 will have it's ups and downs in this area. I'm reading when I get a chance and reviewing everything I can. I have doubled the amount of books that I DNF'd in 2019 because I've become more confident in my reading preferences. I have a limited amount of time to read, and so I'd prefer to be able to read books that I will enjoy.

EOM Wrap Up Posts for 2019

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December

Blogging Highlights from 2019

  • Holly and I successfully hosted the 2019 Series Enders Reading Challenge. This was our fifth year. We are returning for 2020 also.
  • Celebrated my 8th Blogoversary.
  • October was my 7th annual All Things Halloween event of Halloween-ish book reviews and such.
  • I didn't review any movies this year.
  • I listened to 2 full audiobooks and several partial (where I listened to part of the book and read the other part).
  • I didn't re-read any book this year.
  • I exceeded my Goodreads total books read challenge with 126 out of 52 books read (a portion of these were children's books).
  • I completed my Bible-in-a-year reading plan for the 8th year in a row.
  • I completed my Series Enders goal of 5-10 books with 6 series enders read.
  • Books Read in 2019

    *These qualify for the 2019 Series Enders Reading Challenge.
    Boundaries with Kids: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Children by Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
    The Truth About Miss Ashbourne by Joanna Barker
    Bone Gap by Laura Ruby
    Shadow Among Sheaves by Naomi Stephens
    Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett
    *Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, # 3) by Jenny Han
    A Return of Devotion (Haven Manor, # 2) by Kristi Ann Hunter
    First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, # 1) by Darynda Jones
    Only a Breath Apart by Katie McGarry
    This Is the Day: Reclaim Your Dream. Ignite Your Passion. Live Your Purpose. by Tim Tebow
    Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, # 2) by Darynda Jones
    The Keto All Day Cookbook: More Than 100 Low-Carb Recipes That Let You Stay Keto for Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner by Martina Šlajerová
    Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, # 3) by Darynda Jones
    Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, # 4) by Darynda Jones
    Bible Journaling for the Fine Artist: Inspiring Bible journaling techniques and projects to create beautiful faith-based fine art by Melissa Fischer & Kate Peiffer
    Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, # 5) by Darynda Jones
    Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, # 6) by Darynda Jones
    Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, # 7) by Darynda Jones
    Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, # 8) by Darynda Jones
    In Another Life by CC Hunter
    Say You Still Love Me by KA Tucker
    Beneath a Prairie Moon by Kim Vogel Sawyer
    *The Artful Match (London Beginnings, # 3) by Jennifer Delamere
    Brentwood's Ward (Bow Street Runners, # 1) by Michelle Griep
    The Matrimonial Advertisement (Parish Orphans of Devon, # 1) by Mimi Matthews
    A Modest Independence (Parish Orphans of Devon, # 2) by Mimi Matthews
    *Maybe Now (Maybe, # 2) by Colleen Hoover
    The Innkeeper's Daughter (Bow Street Runners, # 2) by Michelle Griep
    Highest of Hopes (Canadian Crossings, # 2) by Susan Anne Mason
    Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett
    *The Noble Guardian (Bow Street Runners, # 3) by Michelle Griep
    Storm and Fury (The Harbinger, # 1) by Jennifer L Armentrout
    A Proper Scandal by Esther Hatch
    Daughters of the Northern Shores (Blackbird Mountain, # 2) by Joanne Bishcof
    Courting Darkness (Courting Darkness Duology, # 1) by Robing LaFevers
    Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, # 6) by Sarah J Maas
    The Heart of a Vicar (The Jonquil Brothers, # 6) by Sarah M Eden
    The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey
    Saving Everest by Sky Chase
    With This Pledge (Carnton, # 1) by Tamera Alexander
    A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships, # 1 by Jody Hedlund
    Well Met by Jen DeLuca
    Finding Mr. Better-Than-You by Shani Petroff (review coming soon)
    The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon
    Bone Crier's Moon (Bone Grace, # 1) by Kathryn Purdie (review coming soon)
    Losing the Field (The Field Party, # 4) by Abbi Glines
    Beasts of the Frozen Sun (Frozen Sun Saga, # 1) by Jill Criswell
    Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied, # 3) by Lauren Blakely
    Verity (The Sugar Baron's Daughter, # 2) by Lisa T Bergren
    Tweet Cute by Emma Lord (review coming soon)
    Iron Gold (Red Rising, # 4) by Pierce Brown
    The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, # 9) by Darynda Jones
    Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, # 1) by Misty M Beller
    Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, # 1) by Mary E Connealy
    The Upside of Falling by Alex Light (review coming soon)
    The Dating Charade by Melissa Ferguson
    *A Pursuit of Home (Haven Manor, # 3) by Kristi Ann Hunter
    Paper Princess (The Royals, # 1) by Erin Watt
    Broken Prince (The Royals, # 2) by Erin Watt
    Twisted Palace (The Royals, # 3) by Erin Watt
    Tarnished Crown (The Royals, # 3.5) by Erin Watt
    Diamond in the Rough (American Heiress, # 2) by Jen Turano
    The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, # 10) by Darynda Jones The How & the Why by Cynthia Hand
    Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, # 11) by Darynda Jones
    How to Speak Boy by Tiana Smith (review coming soon)
    The Trouble with Twelfth Grave (Charley Davidson, # 12) by Darynda Jones
    *Summoned to Thirteenth Grave (Charley Davidson, # 13) by Darynda Jones
    The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, # 1) by Kiersten White
    Love Lettering by Kate Clayborn (review coming soon)
    Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, # 1) by Jennifer Anne Davis
    Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry (review coming soon)
    Hardcore Twenty-Four (Stephanie Plum, # 24) by Janet Evanovich
    Promised by Leah Garriott (review coming soon)
    The Word of Art by Mimi Matthews (review coming soon)
    The Number of Love (Codebreakers, # 1) by Rosanna M White (review coming soon)
    Regretting You by Colleen Hoover (review coming soon)
    Shadow Knights (Knights of the Realm, # 2) by Jennifer Anne Davis (review coming soon)

    Books DNF'D

    Crazy on You by Crystal B Bright (DNF @ 63%)
    Damsel by Elana K Arnold (DNS - Did not start)
    96 Words for Love by Rachel Roy & Ava Dash (DNS)
    The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins (DNS)
    Don't Date Rosa Santos by Nina Moreno (DNF @ 10%)
    Creative Lettering and Beyond by Laura Lavender (DNF @ 14%)
    Strange Grace by Tessa Gratton (DNS)
    Together We Caught Fire by Eva K Gibson (DNF @ 3%)
    Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters (DNF @ 16%)

    How was your 2019? Are you exciting about moving on to 2020? Let me know!

    2 comments:

    1. I'm glad 2019 was such a great year for you - all the best in 2020!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congrats on your achievements in 2019!

      ReplyDelete