Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top 10 Books that Should be Made Into Movies

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is: Top 10 Books that Should be Made Into Movies.

1) The Vampire Academy Series written by Richelle Mead – Because I love this series. This might be my top favorite series of all-time as of right now. Because I think it would translate well to a visual medium. Because I think guys would be more willing to accompany their girlfriends and wives to a movie where there’s a really hot chick that kicks some serious tail more than a lot of other series. And because I personally really want to see Rose and Dimitri make it to the big screen. If you haven't checked this series out, you are really missing out.

2) The Forest of Hands and Teeth Series written by Carrie Ryan - Because I know I've said it before but The Dead Tossed Waves is probably one of my favorite stand alone books. Because who doesn't love a good zombie movie (or zombie movie series). Because one of my favorite TV shows right now is The Walking Dead. And because it would be really nice to see a zombie movie that really focuses on relationships rather than zombies themselves.

3) The Mortal Instruments Series written by Cassandra Clare - Yeah, yeah...I know this one is already kind of in the works, but that doesn't mean it doesn't qualify for the list (IMO anyway). Because who that has read this series doesn't want to see Jace on the big screen?

4)The Infernal Devices Series written by Cassandra Clare - Because you can't do The Mortal Instruments and not do The Infernal Devices. Serious? Because Will is possibly hotter than Jace anyway (another IMO--I'm a fan of dark haired men over blonde personally). And because this one's setting is during on one my favorite time periods which makes it even better.

5) Catching Fire & Mockingjay written by Suzanne Collins - Duh!!!!! I really can't stop something in the middle. We need completion. I need completion. Even though The Hunger Games was my favorite in the series, the others have to be made too. I need more Peeta! *smiles*

6)The Scorpio Races written by Maggie Stiefvater - Because I'd really like to see what they do with the water horses. The setting, the races, I think it would all add up to be a really great movie.

7) Persuasion written by Jane Austen - So...yeah, I know this one has been done once before, BBC version or something. But I'd like for it to be redone. The BBC version is pretty good, but I think it's time for a remake.

8) Crossing Oceans written by Gina Holmes - Because this would be a great sad movie. Because I think seeing this would be possibly more powerful than reading it. And reading it was powerful enough.

9) Lurlene McDaniel’s books (specifically The Dawn Rochelle series) though...maybe this would be better suited for TV series. Either way...I really don't even know if I can explain why on this one. Lurlene McDaniel was my favorite author during my 5th and 6th grade years. (I plan on doing a post about her and her books sometime soon hopefully...just need to get my information together first.)

10) 13 Reasons Why written by Jay Asher - This too might possibly be better adapted for TV. But because I feel like this is a topic that the masses could really use being exposed to more, especially in this age where bullying seems to be running rampant.

So that's it, what are you're top 10 picks for books that should be made into movies?

2 comments:

  1. Let me just say ditto to the entire list! Vanpire Academy, The Scorpio Races, The Mortal Instument series - yes, yes and yes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you agree *smiles*. I love to see the enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete