Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books I Almost Put Down.
These aren’t necessarily books that I almost put down but pushed through and realized I’m glad that I read them. These are just the ones I almost put down but pushed through—whether I ended up liking them or not.
- Awakened (House of Night, # 8) – PC & Kristin Cast – I think this was the last of this series I managed to finish. It was definitely a struggle for me to get through this one and even the last couple before this one. I won’t be completing this series.
- Shadowland (The Immortals, # 3) – Alyson Noel – I completed this one page by friggin page. Also not finishing this series.
- Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, # 5) – Melissa de la Cruz – Another series DNF after completing this book.
- Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely, # 3) – Melissa Marr – I haven’t quite given up on this series yet, but since I wasn’t impressed with this book I’m not excited about finishing it either. Ugh.
- Resurrection (Wicked, # 5) – Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie - I wish I could get the hours back that I spent reading this one.
- Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, # 2) – Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl – Another page by page.
- Exiled (The Never Chronicles, # 1) – JR Wagner – My first ARC. Yeah….not the best quality there.
- Airel (The Airel Saga, # 1) by Aaron Patterson & Chris White - Such a pretty cover. Such a letdown.
- The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers, # 1) – GP Ching – This was before I learned that DNFing is okay.
- Incarceron (Incarceron, # 1) – Catherine Fisher – Concept was so much better than the execution.
- Entice (Need, # 3) – Carrie Jones – So much eyerolling you guys.
- Covet (The Clann, # 2) – Melissa Darnell – When I realized that requesting book 2 of a series when you haven’t read book 1 isn’t really the best idea. And just because the cover is pretty doesn’t mean the book will match.
- Undeadly (The Reaper Diaries, # 1) – Michele Vail – Eh.
- Magisterium – Jeff Hirsch – See # 13.
- Consume (The Clann, # 3) – Melissa Darnell – When I realized that I don’t HAVE to read every book in a series just because I started the series.
What books did you almost put down? Let me know!