Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is My Top Ten Book Related Problems.
Any book related problems I have are all “first world problems.” So please, don’t take me too seriously here. These are not legitimate things that I complain about in my life. The world has so many larger problems than these.
- When all of my kindles don’t sync. I’m usually reading on my Paperwhite at home and my phone on the go. I’ve got two other kindles but those are loaned to family members for now. But yeah. Annoying.
- While I’m on the subject of kindles, I’ve borrowed my SNL’s 1G/2G kindle (she has a Paperwhite too) so I can have access to her books ALL THE TIME, but that device doesn’t have a backlight and I can’t read in the dark or low light areas.
- I’ve got more books in my possession than I can read in a year. Surely this doesn’t sound like a problem to most people, but it stresses me out a bit because I WANT TO READ THEM ALL……NOW!
- The obvious problems. How when I finish a really good series it takes me a while to be able to cope with life and how I wonder if there will ever be another series as good ever again. Or if I’m in the middle of a series…having to wait 6 months to a year for the next book to be released. Torture. Double that if the book ends in a cliffie.
- Of course, there’s the times when as my friend Paula and I were discussing…someone’s going to take a test or do something that you’d normally wish them good luck on and instead you say “May the odds be ever in your favor.” And they just look at you with this blank, not registering look on their face.
- When you’re dying for a friend to read a book that you loved and for whatever reason they just don’t or won’t or whatever.
- When you’re problem isn’t not having a book to follow up the one you just finished, but determining which one out of the pile you already have will be the lucky winner to get started next.
- When real life responsibilities get in the way of reading time or finishing a book I want to read, I find myself battling a case of the irritables.
- Those times when people don’t know you’re a reader and ask you if you’ve read some popular book that you read ages ago and you’ve read like 50 better ones since then. Or when you overhear other people having a conversation about a book that you've read. You’re not exactly included in the conversation but you want to shout and jump up and down and say “You know nothing Jon Snow!”
- When someone doesn’t like a book that you loved and you want to punch them in the eye. Even if they only rated it slightly lower than you did. I still want to punch them in the face and tell them that they just didn’t “get” it. But alas, I mostly sit in silence and decide to never follow their reading advice again EVER. Until they love another book that I love and then we’re back to being best reading buds (in my mind anyway).
So what are your top book related problems? Let me know!