Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books to Get You in the Halloween Spirit.
Truth be told, I don’t read too many scary books. I’m not that into psychological thrillers, though every now and then one will catch my eye. I read a lot of Goosebumps by RL Stine when I was younger, but even those weren’t my favorite. So here’s my list of Top 10 Books to Get You in the Halloween Spirit:
1) The Forest of Hands & Teeth series by Carrie Ryan. Book 1 was really good and it’s where I fell in love with Carrie Ryan’s writing style, but book 2, The Dead Tossed Waves, blew me away. Book 3, The Dark and Hollow Places didn’t quite hit the spot for me when it comes to finishing out the series, but still a decent read. This was also my first zombie series that I read. So it opened some new horizons for me.
2) The Hollows series by Amanda Hocking. Now…this series isn’t going to blow you away, but considering it’s only my second zombie series I’ve ever read (out or 3 maybe), it must make the list. You can read my review of Hollowland, and I'll be posting my review of Hollowmen on Thursday.
3) Wicked series by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viguie. Again, this was NOT my favorite series ever. It started out good and I had high hopes for it, but it just fell very short for me. There’s a big baddie in this series, and lots of spells, demons, curses, etc. Very Halloween-y.
4) Deadlocked by AR Wise. I JUST finished reading book 1 in this series. Book 1 was short, but packed full of intensity. I haven’t written my review on this one yet, but be on the lookout for it coming soon.
That sums up the Halloween-y-ish books that I’ve read recently. Sure I read lots of books that involve witches, vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, and the like, but that doesn’t make them Halloween-y reads in my opinion. The following books are ones that are on my TBR list that I’ve been assured will put you in the perfect spirit for Halloween.
5) Ten by Gretchen McNeil. Um yes, I will be breaking down and buying this one soon. I’ve heard great things about it and I look forward to diving in.
6) Zombie Fallout by Mark Tufo. The Aussie Zombie has reviewed a couple of these and has sold me on them. Will check them out eventually too.
7) Rapture by Phillip W. Simpson. Definitely want to check this one out.
8) Pretty When She Dies by Rhiannon Frater. After participating in Fraterfest hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer, I’m dying to read this series.
9) The First Days by Rhiannon Frater. More zombies!!!!
10) Salem's Lot by Stephen King. Though I haven’t read any of his books, I’ve heard this one is mega-scary.
So yeah, that’s my list of Top 10 Books to Get You in the Halloween Spirit. Did I leave any out? Any on here that I need to bump up to the top of TBR list? Let me know!