Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday Post - 141

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ The Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

No new books this week. I've found since participating in the March Take Control of Your TBR Challenge that the month of March is often the month I acquire the least amount of books. Man, this was a busy week. But busy usually means fast which is okay by me. Tuesday was a dress down day at work for donating to the food bank. The newest company president has figured out how much his employees like to wear jeans and a t-shirt to work. I love it! I had a hair appointment that afternoon. I was supposed to get my highlights done, but my stylist was running a bit behind schedule. And truthfully, I didn't feel like sitting through it right then. It still feels so much better to have a nice cut. Friday night, Holly, Paula, the Hubs, and I went to see Insurgent. I reviewed it on Saturday in case you want to check that out. Yesterday was my mother-in-law's birthday. We should be seeing her tonight. Also, I'm behind on replying to blog comments, but I promise I'm going to try to catch up soon.

THIS PAST WEEK:

Monday: Review of The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, # 6) by Richelle Mead (4 Stars)
Tuesday: Top Ten Spring 2015 TBR
Wednesday: Waiting on All Played Out (Rusk University, # 3) by Cora Carmack
Thursday: Review of All Lined Up (Rusk University, # 1) by Cora Carmack (4 Stars)
Friday: Review of A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 5) by George R R Martin (4.5 Stars)
Saturday: Movie Review of Insurgent (4 Stars)

UPCOMING THIS WEEK:

Monday: Review of Confess by Colleen Hoover
Tuesday: Top Ten Tuesday
Wednesday: Waiting on Wednesday & March 2015 Series Enders Wrap Up
Thursday: Review of All Broke Down (Rusk University, # 2) by Cora Carmack
I MIGHT post Friday &/or Saturday, but I have nothing too firm on the schedule yet.

Don’t forget to sign up for the 2015 Series Enders Reading Challenge! You have until December 15, 2015 to sign up. Each month there will be a giveaway for those participating with an end of the year giveaway too! Click on the picture below or the link above to find out more!

March 2015 Take Control of Your TBR Pile

I am also participating in Kimba's March Take Control of Your TBR Pile Challenge. Here are my goals for the month:

  1. Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, # 1) by Susan Kaye Quinn (46% complete)
  2. Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On by Stormie Omartian
  3. Ruins (Partial Sequence, # 3) by Dan Wells
  4. Kiss of Fire (Imdalind, # 1) by Rebecca Ethington
  5. Inhuman (Fetch, # 1) by Kat Fells
  6. Wreck Me (Nova, # 4) by Jessica Sorensen
  7. The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, # 3) by Michelle Hodkin
  8. Ignite Me (Shatter Me, # 3) by Tahereh Mafi
  9. Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, # 1) by Danielle L Jensen
  10. What If by Rebecca Donovan
  11. The Walking Dead Compendium 1 by Robert Kirkman
  12. All Lined Up (Rusk University, # 1) by Cora Carmack
  13. All Broke Down (Rusk University, # 2) by Cora Carmack
  14. The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, # 6) by Richelle Mead
  15. The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, # 3) by Julie Kagawa (64% complete)

That's it for my shelves and recaps of my past and upcoming week. What did you add to your shelves this week? Any bookish news you want to talk about? Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great week :) I haven't had the chance yet to go see Insurgent but I hope to do it soon.
    Thanks for stopping by my post!


    El @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a good week. I love casual dress days too. I've not seen Insurgent yet but have read mixed reviews about it. I'll check yours out. You got me curious:)
    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/22/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-102-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Insurgent as well. But it's been a long time since I read the books, so I'm sure that helped me not to be too concerned about changes. Have a great week!
    Check out my Sunday post

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing great on TakeControlTBR. Much better than me. This month has been so crazy!

    Happy Reading!

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michelle! This really hasn't been the best month for me reading wise. I agree that this has been a crazy month. I hope things settle down so that I can get back into a groove. Good luck with the challenge! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's been since 2012 that I read Insurgent too. So I agree with you on that helping me not pay too much attention to the changes. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had another casual dress day this week too. I'm telling you, that new president knows what his employees like as a reward! It's such a simple thing, but it completely changes the atmosphere and morale! I can see there being mixed reviews on Insurgent. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you get to see it soon too El! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete