Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Favorite Reads from the Past 3 Years

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books from the Past 3 Years.

You guys know what you’re asking me, right? I listed like 20+ books in my Best of 2014 post. How will I ever narrow down the last 3 years to ten? Ok. I’ll make this easy on myself. Only the books I rated 5 stars in the last 3 years (March 2012-March 2015). And somehow I still ended up with 30. But that’s not bad right? 10 from each year (roughly). These do include a couple of re-reads that I read prior to 2012, but re-read within the last 3 years and still rate 5 Stars.

  1. Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, # 2) by Cassandra Clare
  2. Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, # 1) by Katie McGarry
  3. A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 3) by George R R Martin
  4. Slammed (Slammed, # 1) by Colleen hoover
  5. Made to Crave: Satisfying Your Deepest Desire With God, Not Food by Lysa Terkeurst
  6. Back to You by Priscilla Glenn
  7. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
  8. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay
  9. Hopeless (Hopeless, # 1) by Colleen Hoover
  10. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
  11. This Girl (Slammed, # 3) by Colleen Hoover
  12. The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave, # 1) by Rick Yancey
  13. Rose Under Fire (Code Name Verity, # 2) by Elizabeth Wein
  14. Losing Hope (Hopeless, # 2) by Colleen Hoover
  15. Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul by John Eldredge & Stasi Eldredge
  16. Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, # 5) by Richelle Mead
  17. Reason to Breathe (Breathing, # 1) by Rebecca Donovan
  18. Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, # 6) by Richelle Mead
  19. The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
  20. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, # 1) by Suzanne Collins
  21. Shatter Me (Shatter Me, # 1) by Tahereh Mafi
  22. Easy (Contours of the Heart, # 1) by Tammara Webber
  23. I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, # 1) by Barry Lyga
  24. City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, # 6) by Cassandra Clare
  25. The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronciles, # 1) by Mary E Pearson
  26. Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin, # 3) by Robin LaFevers
  27. V is for Virgin (V is for Virgin, # 1) by Kelly Oram
  28. Sinner (Wolves of Mercy Falls, # 4) by Maggie Stiefvater
  29. Blood of My Blood (Jasper Dent, # 3) by Barry Lyga
  30. Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, # 1) by LM Montgomery

What are your favorite reads from the last three years? Let me know!

8 comments:

  1. It is so hard to just pick ten books, there are just so many amazing books out there. Pushing the Limits and The Fault In Our Stars also made my list. I picked Shadow Kiss out off the VA series but I think that I rated them all five stars actually.

    My TTT @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard to pick just ten! This is a great list! I have TFiOS on mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks!! I love the VA series, Easy and Slammed -- and I really need to start the Shatter Me series, I see it on so many lists today!!


    My
    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Captivating too! I've even re-read it. The audiobook is just as good.
    I'm sure you can get a free copy of Anne of Green Gables on kindle...but it might be nice to have a physical copy of it too! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are all some of my favorites as well (obviously)! I hope you get to start Shatter Me. Thanks for stopping by Eva! Sorry I'm so late responding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Don't I know it. I have a hard time picking ten on a regular week! :) The Fault in our Stars is going to be a classic for sure! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Alison! Sorry for the delay in responding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I have a hard time picking ten on a regular week so this week was impossible. I loved Shadow Kiss as well but unfortunately it's been over three years since I read it. Thanks for stopping by and commenting El! Sorry for the delay in responding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVED Captivating. My friends and I read it together my first year of college. It was great.
    Anne of Green Gables is amazing as well. I haven't read it in a few years as I cannot find my copy. :-( I might break down and just buy a new one since I saw some great editions last time I was at Barnes and Noble.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete