Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Top Ten Authors (Books) To Read if You Like Colleen Hoover

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Authors (Books) to Read if You Like Colleen Hoover.

So Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors. So far all of her books have been extremely romantic, but also carry some element of surprise and often deep sadness. The characters usually have some pretty big hurtles to overcome, and the writing really sucks me in. So that was my criteria for this top ten list: 1) romance, 2) surprise twist or deep sadness (bonus if the two are combined), 3) something to overcome, and 4) writing and characters that hook me quickly.

  1. Katja Millay (The Sea of Tranquility)
  2. Katie McGarry (specifically the Pushing the Limits series)
  3. Claire Wallis (the Push series)
  4. Rebecca Donovan
  5. Rebecca Shea (specifically Unbreakable)
  6. KA Tucker (specifically Ten Tiny Breaths)
  7. Tammara Webber (specifically Easy)
  8. Jamie McGuire (specifically The Maddox Brothers series)
  9. Anne Eliot (specifically Almost)

Are there any books you'd recommend to me because I love Colleen Hoover? What do you think? Let me know!

10 comments:

  1. I'll have to check those out. Thanks so much for the recommendations Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colleen Hoover is my ultimate favorite writer. Her books are just so intense and heartwarming. I recently read "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire and her writing is pretty similar to Colleen Hoover's too. Highly recommend that book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Beautiful Disaster and Jamie McGuire is similar to Colleen Hoover. I definitely enjoyed it when I read it. I'm glad to find another CoHo fan! Thanks for stopping by Sammy! I'm sorry I'm so far behind on responding to comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love CoHo!!! Need to check out the Authors on this list because I know Colleen can only write so many books at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! If only CoHo could publish as fast as we can read her books! :) Thanks for stopping by Stacy! You'll have to let me know if you enjoy any of these authors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Colleen hoover sooo much I have read all her books and was looking for something new to read thanks for the suggestions.i have read beautiful disaster as well loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I get more suggestions please? I’ve read most of the book on the list already..They are really good
    I just can’t get enough of CoHo writings, thus have to find alternatives somehow

    ReplyDelete