Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want to Live in and Characters I'd Neve Want to Trade Places With.
Whew that was a mouthful! I'm doing both topics in one.
- 1) Any character from A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin – Nothing good happens to these people. I wouldn’t want to be any of them.
- 2) Delirium by Lauren Oliver – While there are characters who fight for their right to love, I wouldn’t want to live in a world where 90% of the populate thinks love is a disease.
- 3) Haven from Sempre by JM Darhower – Because even though Carmine is kind of a hottie, I wouldn’t have wanted to be a slave first of all, but I also wouldn’t want to be in love with someone who hands over his future to the mafia.
- 4) Cara from Alienated by Melissa Landers – Being in love with an alien isn’t really enough to make me want to be a foreign exchange student on a different planet—even if I had to escape Earth just to keep from being killed. I’m not that brave.
- 5) Any character from any zombie book – or should I just say any zombie world ever. With as many zombie books as I’ve read and movies that I’ve watched, I feel as if I’ve already lived the zombie-apocalypse. I just don’t think I’d make it.
- 6) Parasitology by Mira Grant – Having a tapeworm is one of my biggest fears—purposefully ingesting one for health reasons takes this nightmare to a whole new level, especially the idea of the worm taking over and moving from intestine to brain—yeah, count me out.
- 7) Verity from Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein – Well for one, she doesn’t make it out. But to be tortured and all of that, no thank you. She does seem to have a sense of humor about the whole thing, but still…
- 8) Mercy from the Cambion series by Shannon Dermott – Mercy annoys me to the point where if I were her, I’d physically harm myself.
- 9) Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa – Vampires who don’t have any option but to feed on human blood, the Red Plague….yeah, I’ll skip it, but thanks anyway.
- 10) Age of X by Richelle Mead – Just about as bad as living in a world where people think love is a disease is living in a world where religion and belief in God is pretty much outlawed. Yeah—it’s bad enough as it is.
Which characters would you never want to trade places with? Or which worlds would you never want to live in? Let me know!