Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books To Read or Not To Read.
- Kiss Kill Vanish by Jessica Martinez – I got this as a Read Now from Edelweiss, but the ratings aren’t that great so far.
- Pretty When She Kills (Pretty When She Dies, # 2) by Rhiannon Frater – I enjoyed book 1, but I wasn’t blown away. I’m not sure I want to continue the series or not yet.
- The Word Exchange by Alena Graedon – This is one I requested because the description sounded interesting, but ratings for it indicate that perhaps concept is better than execution. At this point, I still intend to try to read it, but I can’t say I’m excited about it.
- Have No Mercy (Cambion, # 4) by Shannon Dermott – I’ve struggled with every book in this series. It might be time for me to series DNF with this one, but I also think it might be the last in the series so maybe I’ll press through it.
- Enders Game (The Ender Quintet, # 1) by Orson Scott Card – I’ve seen the movie and really enjoyed it. But I’ve also heard this one was a bit slow. I’m hesitant.
- Landline by Rainbow Rowell – Because even though I’ve loved Rainbow Rowell in the past, I’m just not a fan of time travel books.
- Ruin (Ruin, # 1) by Rachel Van Dyken – This one has a really good overall rating on Goodreads and my SNL really enjoyed it, but I really struggled with The Bet and The Wager by Rachel Van Dyken. I’m not sure I want to give her books another go.
- The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, # 2) by J Sterling – I was loving book 1 until we hit the 70% mark and the characters lost all sanity. Do I want to put myself through more of the same? I have a friend who has really enjoyed this series though. *sigh* I just don’t know.
- Wake by Abria Mattina – I DNF’d Love Among Pigeons by her. And Wake is 700 pages.
- Flat Out Love by Jessica Park – I wasn’t impressed with Left Drowning--as in so unimpressed I’m not even going to review it. Which like 4 books ever been unreviewable for me.
- Veiled Rose (Tales of Goldstone Wood, # 2) by Anne Elisabeth Stengl – Heartless was better than I expected. And I have book 4 for review. Ideally, I’d like to read and review books 2 and 3 before attempting to do that for book 4, but even though I enjoyed book 1 better than I expected…something is holding me back. I’m not sure what exactly (could be the fact that I don’t even own book 2).
- Infamous (Chronicles of Nick, # 3) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – I enjoyed Infinity and Invincible just fine. But this series isn’t relationship driven—which is what I love to read about. I have this book in my possession, but I’m not inspired to read it right now.
- The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, # 3) by Julie Kagawa – Again The Iron King and The Iron Daughter were okay. I struggled through The Immortal Rules and The Eternity Cure and decided to DNF that series. Even though I have a friend who tells me The Iron Queen is the best in this series, I’m not feeling it right now.
- Predestined (The Existence Trilogy, # 2) by Abbi Glines – I was highly unimpressed with Existence but this series is so highly rated. I’m just not sure. I’ve read plenty of other books by Abbi Glines. I find myself getting sucked into her work, but I seem to get frustrated with each book also.
What do you guys think? Are any of these worth keeping on the TBR list? Or are there any that you don’t think I should bother with? Let me know!