Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Books I've Had the Longest & Have Never Read

Top 10 Tuesday is a post hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and this week's topic is Top Ten Books I've Had the Longest & Have Never Read.

  1. Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, # 1) by Quinn Lofis – My friend Paula did a guest review on my blog for it. And even though she enjoyed it, this has just not been a priority for me.
  2. The Fallen Star (Fallen Star, # 1) by Jessica Sorensen – I’ve pretty much enjoyed all of the Jessica Sorensen books that I’ve read, and with this being a paranormal book, I’m excited to get around to it….eventually. But again, this isn’t a priority for me right now.
  3. A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, # 5) by George R R Martin – I’m actually reading this one now. I’m only 30% into it, but I’d love to finish before the next season starts.
  4. Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, # 1) by Susan Kay Quinn – There are no excuses. I’ve had this one for years and just not picked it up—even though I’ve heard that it’s good.
  5. Starflower (Tales of the Goldstone, # 4) by Anne Elisabeth Stengle – I’m awful. I got this for review more than 2 years ago. I’ve put off reading it because it’s the 4th in a series and I’ve only read the 1st. BUT I’ve been told that it’s okay to read as a standalone, so I hope to just break down and read it soon.
  6. Untraceable (Nature of Grace, # 1) by S R Johannes – This was a freebie I got a while back that I’m not even sure I’m still interested in. Has anyone read this? Is it good?
  7. Entreleadership by Dave Ramsey – I got this as a birthday present about 2 years ago. I do still want to read it, but my head’s just not there yet.
  8. Praying the Names of God by Ann Spangler – This is another book that I’m slowly making my progress through. I’m actually using this book as a rough guide for the kids’ Bible class that I teach so I’m not racing to just mark it off my list, but boy will it feel good to finally say I finished it.
  9. The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey, # 3) by Julie Kagawa – This is another one that I’ve had over 2 years. I was enjoying the series but so much time has gone by since I read the previous books that I just don’t feel the pull of this one—even though I’ve heard it’s the best in the series.
  10. Lullaby (Watersong, # 2) by Amanda Hocking – My friend Paula got me a signed copy of this book for Christmas about 2 years ago, but I haven’t read it because it’s book 2 in a series and I haven’t read book 1. I’ll get to it eventually.

Which books have been in your possession the longest that you still haven’t read yet? Let me know!

14 comments:

  1. Girl, The Prince of Wolves is one of my fave series, so I really recommend it! The Iron Queen IS the best book of the series, you will totally enjoy it. Great List! my ttt<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Games of Thrones books too - but I struggle through them so they just keep sitting on my shelf!

    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple of those. I am hoping to get to them at some point for the read Your Freebees challenge I have signed myself up for. I just keep getting such awesome new reads, it may be a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a lot of books that I have not read. I get super excited about books but then newer books come out and I end up reading those. I have Rise by Anna Carey. I read the first two books and liked them. And I do want to read it. Same with Asunder and Infinite by Jodi Meadows. And Three and breaking Point by Kristen Simmons. And Altered and Unraveled by Gennifer Albin. These are all dystopia which I love. And they are even series enders which should be some incentive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great topic, I wonder if I could figure out what were the books I'd had the longest!
    Check out my Top 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Open Minds was the first e-copy I bought for my e-reader. I did read it though and it's great series, I love the autor her writing style and have read most of her books so far. I haven't read the others beisde Open Minds and Prince of Wolves. I also enjoyed Prince of Wolves, but only read up until the fourth book, I think I forgot/ lost interest in the series for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's good to know! Glad that I've got some good ones left on my list. I think I'm going to try to get to these over the next year or so! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if I'd say I struggle with them, but they are definitely lengthy. I can't JUST read one of these. I always have to read something else on the side at the same time. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Missie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read Your Freebies challenge sounds like something I might need to sign up for. :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I had the Anna Carey series on my TBR list for a while, but after a year or so I figured I'd probably never get around to that series. I hate when I lose interest before I can get around to the ones I've had for a long time. But there just isn't enough time, right? It does motivate me to get to them when they're series enders like you said. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet you could figure it out. I have a spreadsheet that I keep up with all of the books in my possession with so it was easy for me to tell. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really do plan to read them both eventually (Open Minds and Prince of Wolves). Maybe I'll make it a point to read them both at some point this year. Thanks for stopping by and commenting Lola!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should! The Prince of Wolves series is a little long, but when you get hook, there will be never that can stop you from continue reading.

    ReplyDelete